Chapter XXXVII

The next day, there was still no word from Chan. I was getting anxious. Felix tried to calm my worries. "I know you're worried, but maybe he's busy. Like I always say, he loves you so much and would do anything for you. He wouldn't just leave you like that." He rubbed my shoulder.
"I know, but I'm scared something happened to him. This whole situation is hard to explain. He's disappeared before and it was hard to get him back." Felix didn't know what to say and I didn't expect him to. Things between me and Chan weren't easy and they never will be.

Later that day, Felix prepared for his date with Ha-ri. "Nina!"
"I'm coming." I rushed into the bathroom.
"Help me fix my hair." I ruffled his hair, throwing some gel in there to keep it in place.
"Remember to be a gentleman! Do small things for her. Girls like that." I laughed as I helped him put his coat on.
"What if she doesn't like me?"
"If she didn't like you, she wouldn't have said yes to a date." I smiled. "Now hurry, you don't want to be late."

A few hours had passed and Felix was giddy as he walked through the door. "How'd it go? Tell me everything!" I sat in front of him on the couch.
"I asked her on a second date." He hid his face in a pillow.
"Oh my god! So I assume that means it went well?"
"I did everything you said and she still said yes." He was smiling ear to ear.
"That's so exciting! You're growing up!" I ruffled his hair.
"Hey! I'm older than you!" He giggled.
"You are now more mature than me!" I patted his shoulder, walking away.
"What does that mean?" I kept walking. "Nina!"
"Oh, nothing." I went upstairs as I laughed.

Later that evening, I decided it was time to go home. Not like it was much of a home, but it was my own. I packed my things, informing Felix I'd be gone early that morning.
I bent down, getting everything out of my dresser. I grabbed the shoes from the closet and finally made a round to my desk.
I went through the drawers, cleaning it thoroughly. I had found my journal. I hadn't used it in a long time. Last time I opened it, I was set to die within a month. I read the pages, tearing up every time I flipped to a new one.
She would be very proud of where she's at now and although our life hasn't been easy, we keep pushing and stay strong.

The next morning, I had breakfast with Felix. "So I looked into houses and I found one near you." He looked up.
"That's great, but you don't have to do that for me."
"I want to." He smiled. "It's bigger than this one and I get to see Ha-ri more." I smiled at the thought of him being so generous.
"You're moving there because of your girlfriend!" I smirked.
"She's not my girlfriend!" His face was blood red.
"Yet." I finished his sentence.
"She might not like me like that!"
"Considering she's willing to go on dates with you, I'm pretty sure you're just delusional." I tilted my head. "She obviously likes you!"

After breakfast, I said my goodbyes and put my bags in the trunk. Felix helped me the entire time until I left.
I got into the car and waved to him as I pulled out of the driveway.
When I had arrived, Ha-ri was waiting for me. "She's back!" She ran up to me.
"You just saw me." I laughed as I embraced her.
"I saw more of Felix than you." She pulled away.
She helped me move my bags out of the car and into the house.
I was desperate to know more about her and Felix. "So, you went on a little date, huh?" I smirked.
"That's weird! That's your brother! I'm not talking about this with you." She unpacked my bags.
"Come on! It's not that weird!" I pouted.
"It is!" She nudged me.

When I got to work, Sam was waiting by the door. I greeted him like I normally did. "Hi." I smiled.
"You're back in town?"
"I just got back this morning. I was visiting Felix." I laughed.
"Did Ha-ri go with you?" He looked up.
"Not necessarily, but she did visit." I nodded.
"I hadn't seen her in a while. I just assumed she tagged along." He kept looking for someone. "Where's your boyfriend?"
"Chan is working. So he won't be back for a while." I showed a fake smile.
"Oh yeah?" He leaned against the building. "Since he's out of town, why don't we do something together?"
"I'm sorry, but I'm really not interested in you like that." I looked down.
"It's not a date. Just hanging out so you don't get lonely while he's gone." He smiled. "But I understand if you don't want to." He walked into the building.

As I was sitting at my desk, Sam kept coming up to me throughout the day to start conversation with me. I talked back the first few times, but after a while I started to blow him off.
He was nice, but I couldn't shake the fact that he was romantically interested in me. Chan didn't like him and honestly, I never really liked being alone with him.
If it's the three of us, we always have the best time. But when it's me and him, I feel out of place. He never made me uncomfortable, but I knew he wanted to be more than just friends.