35-

Hunter Davis

I wake up feeling gross; alcohol always ruins my mornings. I walk to the washroom to get ready for the day. Once I'm done, I walk downstairs to get a drink of water.

"Hey man," Carter says.

Hey," I say, sitting beside him on the counter.

We have a quick conversation about soccer since our break is over soon, then I head back up the stairs.

I told Lily yesterday I would drop by today to see her, so I need to ask Madison if I can use her car.

Hey," I say quietly since I'm pretty sure she's asleep.

"Mhm," she says, keeping her eyes closed.

Her hair falls over her face while she softly grips her pillow.

"Can I borrow your car for a few hours?" I ask

Yeah, sure," she says.

Ok, thanks," I say before I grab her keys from her nightstand and head out.

The drive there is peaceful and quick. Once I get there, I knock on the front door.

"HUNTY!" Lily says as she opens the door and hugs me.

"Hey Lily," I say, hugging her back.

We walk in, and I give Lily her present.

OMG, I LOVE IT! Thank you, Hunty!" she says, holding her new stuffed unicorn.

I walk into the kitchen to greet my mom since Lily dragged me into the living room.
first.

"Hey mom," I say.

"Hey sweetie"

I help her with the dishes, then we sit down.

"So I heard you and Madison are dating," she says, smiling.

Wait, who told you that?" I say confused.

"Ava did," she says.

"We're not actually dating," I say.

"What?" she says, confused.

"I just told Ava that so she would stop bothering me," I say.

"You got me excited," she says. My mom loves Madison for some reason.

I stay for a couple more hours before I head back home.

Hey," I say to Sam, who's cooking something in the kitchen.

Hey," he says.

I walk up the stairs and go to take a shower. I don't know why people hate the shower. I love it; it's an escape from reality, plus it's relaxing.

I wrap my towel around my waist and head back out to get my clothes.

Madison is again wearing shorts that do not cover her ass.

"Put some pants on," I say.

"Stop fucking looking then," she says, turning around.

"You piss me off; I fucking hate you," she continues.

"Do you?"

Yes, I do," she says.

"Are you sure?"

"Omg Hunter shu-"

I cut her off by leaning down and kissing her. She kisses me back, wrapping her hands around my neck. I grab her waist and pull her closer while kissing her deeper.

"You have no clue how long I've wanted to do that," I say, pulling away.

"I hate you, but I'm the same," she says, smiling.

I swear this girl affects us so much that she has no fucking clue. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew I wanted her. The way she acts, dresses, and speaks, she's so beautiful she doesn't even know it.

I sit down on my bed, just staring at her.

We kissed, and my lips touched hers. I just can't believe it.

"Stop staring; it's creepy." she says

"Sorry, you just got a nice ass," I say, knowing damn well I was not looking at her ass.

She rolls her eyes.

I lay in bed scrolling on my phone, still shocked. I mean, yeah, we kissed during Truth or Dare, but it didn't count.

Madison soon walks up to me and lays beside me, resting her head on her pillow.

"Hey maddison"

"yeah?"

"I really fucking like you. Even though you're a pain in the ass, I don't hate you. I never did."

Well, what if I said I liked you too?" she smiles.

I lean closer to her and kiss her again. Her lips taste like cherries, and God, the way our mouths touch is perfect. she's perfect.

We finally pull away, and I wrap my arm around her, pulling her closer.

Goodnight, Madison," I say, closing my eyes.

"Good night, Hunter."

———————————————
I kinda hate my book ngl😭
word count- 702