36-

Maddison Scott

Heaven.

That's what it felt like to kiss Hunter. I've kissed many guys before, but something about this one was different. The way our lips fit was perfect. And god, he smelled so fucking good.

Maddison," Grace says, annoyed.

"Oh, yeah?" I say

"I've been calling you for so long," She breathes out.

"Shit, sorry, spaced out," I say.

I sit on the kitchen counter, eating some leftover pie from Christmas. My hair is in a side braid while I'm in my plaid pyjamas and a white tank top.

I love Christmas, but it tires me out so much, making me feel empty. I jump off the counter, put the pie away, and walk upstairs to Hunter's room.

The boys are currently at a meeting to prepare for the schedule after the break.

I grab my book from my desk and walk
back downstairs to sit on the couch and read.

"What's up, Maddie?" Carter says as he walks up behind me.

"Hey, just reading; how'd the meeting go?"

"Pretty good," He says, sitting on the opposite side of the couch.

I continue to read my romance novel that I'm hooked on when a familiar scent fills my nostrils. Hunter. I smiled to myself and put my book down.

Hey," he says, sitting beside me.

Hey," I say, looking towards him.

Completely ignoring the fact that Carter is in our presence, he leans down and kisses me.

I keep it short by pulling away.

"Hunter, Carter's right there," I whisper in his ear.

"Embarrassed of me?" he says jokingly. I give him a look and lightly elbow his side.

"Joking, I didn't see him. He is probably too busy sexting Grace.

"Let's just not do this stuff in front of them, for now at least," I say, still keeping my voice quiet so Carter can't hear. He agrees, which is a relief. I mean, Grace and Lia were teasing me about us, and I can't let them be right; we can just wait a few days. I hope he understands.

Carter stands up and heads back upstairs; as soon as he's out of sight, Hunter wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer.

I quickly fall asleep in his embrace, feeling safe,loved, and happy. God, what is this man doing to me?

—————————————————

Hunter Davis

Her. Just her. The way she's asleep in my arms, the way her hair perfectly falls across her face Her breaths get softer and slower as time passes.

God, this girl The moment she came into my life and changed everything From being a bitch who just wants to fuck girls and get drunk to normal me, who always loved the idea of love and keeping things simple, She's changed me, whether she knows it or not.

I pull out my phone and take a picture of her in my arms. I click on her contact, 'Rat'. I laugh to myself. I click edit and change it to 'Rat❤️'. I send the photo to her and toss my phone down on the couch.

You're so warm," She says, shifting closer to me. She stays like this for a while, until she sits up and rubs her eyes.

"Good morning, sleepy head," I say, moving the strands of hair that fell on her face.

We stand up and walk into the kitchen to make dinner.

"Pasta?" She says she's looking at me with her gorgeous pair of green eyes.

Pasta," I confirm, grabbing a pot from the cabinet.

We make a quick and easy pasta recipe, then set it down on plates for everyone else.

Guys, come eat!" I yelled from the kitchen.

Sam, Lia, and Carter all ran down, grabbing a plate and sitting down at the kitchen counter.

"Hey guys!" Grace says she is walking through the front door. She told us she had a brunch reservation with her cousins from out of town.

"Hey babe," she said to Carter as they shared a slow kiss. I understand why Maddison wants to keep whatever we have private for now. It's awkward to see my friends kiss all the time, and it's even weird since me and Maddison give the impression that we hate each other. Imagine waking up to that.

Once I'm done eating, I head back upstairs to take a shower. I grab my clothes and turn the water on to my desired temperature. I wash my hair and body before I walk out and dry myself off with a towel. I brush my teeth, get changed into my grey sweatpants, and walk out to my bed.

Hey," Madison says, walking in.

Hey" I say back.

She takes a quick shower, too, before she walks back and hops into my bed. I wrap my arm around her, pulling her closer, before savouring my last glance at her before I close my eyes and go to sleep.

—————————————————
sorry i haven't been posted new chapters! I've been reding the twisted series and kinda got hooked.

word count-836