A new member

I was sitting on a bench in the village watching the passing people go by. I let out a sigh, this morning so far was going well. Kakashi was still in the hospital and will be for at least a week.
Sakura has been telling me secretly, at least from Naruto, that Sasori the puppet master, she and lady Chio killed. Told her he had a spy speaking with Orochimaru. And in six days he was supposed to met him on the tenchi bridge.

Sakura was told by lady Tsunade to form a team. And go on this mission.
"Makota, you're part of team 7 and I know that it's just been awhile since we all fought together. That's why you were so hesitant!" She beamed.
Guess it's better for her to think that then know the real reason.
"Be our team again? I know we can do it!" She partly asked.
"Yeah...I'm ready Sakura.." there was a little hesitation but I knew these last couple days I've done my training, no more hiding!
"We just need one more person." She said
"What do you mean?"
"Lady tsunade said that we need a replacement for Sasuke while he's away."
Away.... Like he's on a mission... but he chose to leave he's not coming back on his own....

We headed towards a meeting area where she said we were meeting Naruto, no way he would stay back after he found out what we were up to,  and the new members to our team.
"Hey?" Naruto called running up to us.
"Hey." I smiled at him, Sakura doing the same.
"So this is where we are meeting the new members yeah?" He huffed.
"Yup." Sakura answered.
"Well, where are they? Did lady Tsunade really find new members?" Naruto exclaimed.
"Calm down Naruto, they could be like Kakashi and be late you know." I laughed.
He just huffed out a sigh. Sakura giggled.

"Hello." A cold voice said from behind Sakura and I.
I turned around startled to see a very pale boy around our age. His black hair fell over his eyes as he tilted his head, giving a very fake smile towards us.
"Hey! What are you doing here?" Naruto growled.
I looked back at Naruto with a questioning eyebrow.
Sakura had an annoyed look on her face.
"From early.." Naruto confirmed nothing.
Another male walked out from the shadows, he seemed to be more of Kakashi's age. He wore a Jounin vest and a headband protecter framing his defined face.
"It's a pleasure to meet the three of you." His voice was deep and relaxed.

There was something about him that seemed off...but the one who looked like an off brand sasuke... there was something definitely different about him.
"From now on I'll be taking Kakashi's place." The older one said.
I furrowed my brows, Naruto was throwing hatful looks at the pale boy while Sakura didn't know who to look at.
"Seems that team 7 is starting off great..." I said sarcastically.

"Naruto, do you know him already?" Sakura asked.
Naruto didn't take his eyes off him as he growled, "yeah." He aggressively pointed his finger at him saying, "this jerk attacked me earlier today for no reason!"
Naruto pulled his kunai out and a defensive stance. The pale boy reached for his katana.
I opened my mouth to say something-
"That's enough Naruto." The older man said calmly.

"Yeah, well who are you?" Naruto snapped back.
"I'll be filling in as your captain, while Kakashi's recovering in the hospital. Please call me Yamato." He replied.
"Captain Yamato." Sakura sounded as a question.
He replied with a nod.
"We need to get along with each other, we're going to be comrades." Yamato said.
"You mean we have to be comrades with him?" Naruto's eyes were wide as he still held his kunai up.

"Why did you attack Naruto?" I asked.
"I wanted to see how strong he was, and now I see he's not packing anything major." He said with a fake smile like before.
I let a small gasp. Naruto lunged at him, Sakura and I grabbed for him to hold him back as he yelled at the boy.
"Naruto we have to work together...as a team! We can't be starting fights." I grunted as he jerked around.
Sakura look at the Sasuke look alike and said, "That goes for you to, that wasn't very nice."