Mine?

I walked back though the village back to where tents were set up. I went looking for familiar faces but didn't find one. I kept thinking about what Kurapika said to me and if I should go, or stay here and help. There's that torn feeling coming up again.

"What? No! No! No!"
I don't see the familiar face but I do hear the voice. It's Yamato. I follow it to a tent slowly opening it to see Yamoto. Kakashi inside as well speaking to him.
"Don't you wanna hear what I have to say?" The side of Kakashi's eyes crinkled giving off a smile.
Then there's Sai sitting on the floor next to a beat up Naruto.
My eyes widen. "What happened?" I asked coming up to Naruto.
"I'm okay, don't worry. I'm going to see the Raikage." He says.

"Huh? In this condition? I think not." I say sitting back.
"Yamato and I are going as his escorts." Kakashi says from behind me.
"Oh... I see.." my brows furrowed, "why?"
"There's a five Kage summit happening. We plan on finding the Raikage on his way there and speaking with him." Kakashi said.
"Why? Talk about what with him."
"I'm going to convince him to forgive Sasuke!"
Naruto said.

That's right, Sasuke went after the eight tails and if my memory is correct, that's the Raikage's brother.
"Makota, why don't we let Naruto and Yamato work out the plans."
"What? Kakashi, you've got to be kidding me..." Yamoto whines as Kakashi grabs my hand and walks me out of the tent.

"What did your brother want?" He asks as we walk.
"Just, wanted to make sure I was alright."
"I see." He stayed quiet for a minute. "I thought we agreed no more lies." He looks at me with raised brows.
"How-"
"I know you more than you think."
"He's ready to fight the Spiders again. There's six, plus....the boss."

"And?" He pushes on.
""And he wants me to go with him."
"You still want to get revenge for your clan right?" He ask.
"Yes, but In those years, getting revenge for my clan seemed to become, less clear. I'm not sure what that means. I feel like we hurt more people to get information then actually getting the Phantom troupe."
He stopped, turning to face me.

"Makota. I'll give you two options. Both are dangerous. One, go with your brother and finish what you have made your goal since day one. Or two, come with me, Tanzo and Naruto."
"Yamato.." I correct.
"Right."
I swallowed, why is it so hard to choose.
"Makota. You have to choose one."
"I don't want to leave you. I just got you back. I just..." I felt the feelings rising in my chest.
My throat felt tight and water lined my eyes.

He pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Quickly, I have somewhere else I want to show you." He pulled away pulling my arm with him.
"So many places." I huff a laugh.
"Well I wasn't going to show you this place yet but plans change." We walked quickly towards the woods.
Then through the wood stopping at a small river with a small opening. The sun shining down on the water and making small golden patches of light on the grass.

"It's beautiful.." I say as he leads me down the river a bit more.
He finally stopped at a small field of flowers, the river flowing softly through.
"Wow.." I breathe out.
He looks at me, glances around the trees then his eyes landing back on mine. He pulls down his mask and I forgot how to breathe for a moment. Seeing his face will always make my heart flutter.

He leans in close to me and I can't help but smile.
"Makota?" His warm breath trickles my lips.
"Yes?"
"Through all this commotion, and distractions. And you and I trying to figure out, well, you and I. I forgot to ask you a very important question."
He hands found my waist and pulled me closer to him. His forehead resting on mine as I closed my eyes.
"What's that?" I managed to say.

"I never asked if you wanted to be mine."
I felt his lips draw closer to mine. My hands pressed against his chest.
"Of course I want to be yours Kakashi... I was ready to give up my life when you..." it's still hard to say.
"Then will you?" I felt us backing up slowly as he pushed back on my hips but not backing away from me.
"Will I what?"
A small gasp escaped my lips as I my back pressed against a tree.

Between the tree and his body pressed against mine it was like being in the middle of sandwich.
"Be with me, be mine." His breathing became rougher.
"Kakashi Hatake... are you asking me to be your girlfriend." I teased.
He let out a growl deep from his throat, "answer me." He hands pressed harder at my hips.
"I've always been yours." I say, "you never had to ask.."

"Of course I have to ask, now answer me Makota so I can kiss you." His lips already brushing against mine.
I wrap my arms a bit tighter around his neck, making sure theres no room between our bodies.
"Yes." I whisper.
His lips crash into mine without a second passing from my answer.
It felt like electricity ran through my body, fire through my veins. The feeling mixing and settling in my lower belly. He pressed me harder into the tree, his hands exploring my sides.

I was losing oxygen but I didn't want to pull away from his lips. I'd rather die feeling like this than pull away. But that wasn't a good idea, so I turned my head sucking in much needed air. It seemed he didn't need to breathe as his lips traced my jaw line to my ear then descending down my neck. He stopped in the middle and nipped at my sensitive skin. A moan escaped my lips before I could think. My hands wrapped around his grown out hair. I felt him smile against my neck before he clamped down with his teeth and pulled all my senses away from me.

I moved against him unconsciously and stopped, sucking in a breath and holding it. He rested his face in the crook of my neck.
"Perhaps we should finish this some other time."
I didn't know how to respond, because although I knew we should, I didn't want to.
"This is the second time you bailed on me."
He pulls always just enough to look into my eyes.
"I'm not bailing on you." He smirks.
I bite my lip, "then?"

His jaw tightens, then he draws in a long breath slowly releasing it.
"I may tease you," his hand combs though my hair. "I may say some...dirty things to you." He cups my face with his hand. "But I get from the book."
My jaw falls open a tad before pulling into a smile.
"Kakashi Hatake, are you fraud on being flirty?"
He smiles a beautiful smile, glancing down at my lips then pulling his gaze to my eyes.

"Your fraud now baby."
I can't help but laugh, a good genuine laugh. I wrap my arms tightly around him, laying my head on his shoulder. He returns the hug. And it feels like our souls connect, and I never want to let go.
"Have you chosen?" He asked after we had been quiet for a while.
I don't respond for a minute, "I need to finish what I set out to do. Even if it's hard. I think doing the right thing is supposed to be hard. Right?"

"You know the situation from before, during, and after. You know your feelings. It's your choice." He kisses the top of my head.
"What if my choice is the wrong one... definitely when it involves others."
"That's the life of a shinobi." I could see the pain flash in his eyes.
I kissed his lips gently one more time.

————————————*——————————-

The walk back with Kakashi was solemn, because we would be separated for a while and I didn't want that. He was going with Naruto and Yamato to find the Kage of the village hidden in the rocks. And I was going to find my brother and kill some spiders. I wasn't ready to face Chrollo again.... A part of me wanted Kakashi there with me, but that might not be the best idea.

I packed what I had, I had lost my Katana in the wreckage so I'll be getting a new one on the way. I looked at Kakashi in his white cloak.
"So this is goodbye?" I say.
"No this is, I'll see you in a couple weeks." His face hard, but his eyes soft.
"I'll see you in couple week. Please don't... just don't-" my throat started to close.
He placed both his hands on my shoulders.
"I've lived 26 years and I've only died once, yet I'm here to tell the story." He seemingly joked.

I stared into his eyes, the joke not being funny to me.
He squeezed my shoulders, "I promise I'll come back to you. Do you promise the same?"
My hands cupped his face, "I promise."
He leaned in pulling his mask down enough to kiss me quickly, then covering his face back up.
He nodded slightly, I returned the gesture. Then he left with his group and I headed to the tree that my brother and I would visit when we were younger.