Long lost friend-enemies

"Kakashi..." I gasp, "is that-"
"Yeah." He breathes out in response to me.
Standing before us is a man no older then Kakashi. His black spiky hair catches in the small breeze passing through. His sharingan staring into his matching eye Kakashi possesses.
"Your Obito Uchiha." I say in disbelief.

Earlier Naruto made a shadow clone as he ran at the masked man. His original form hiding behind the eight tailed beast. The masked man used his powers to throw things out of his 'storage.'
Kakashi used his kamui to pull Naruto's clone and his chakra ball into the same area that the masked man uses.

Naruto's original form threw an attack at him that caused the masked man to pull his whole body into the area that Naruto was transported. Naruto's attack hit true to the mask revealing his face.

"You survived..." Kakashi says in the same disbelief. His eyes wide as he tries to process that his friend, years ago still lives. "If you survived why didn't you come forward?"
"Because it's irrelevant whether I had survived or not. Although, I suppose, if you really want an answer," there was a long pause before he continued. "The reason is because," his voice dropped in a growl, "you."

Kakashi stared wide eyed at Obito. His chest rising and falling in quick motion. And it all began to make since...
(Flash back)
"Rin and I found ourselves running from the enemies." His voice was lower now, there was an intense sadness in his tone. "They were catching up to us now. To many for her and I to fight alone. But that's exactly what was going to happening." He hesitated, "she told me....she told me she needed to die." My heart pounded. I knew that she no longer lived. I knew some things that had happened. Tanzo said that Kakashi killed her.

Kakashi once said he was known as the friend killer. Then there was that guy, that masked guy... he told me what happened with Rin and Kakashi. I didn't believe him. How could I. But now... hearing Kakashi tell me this story....

"That, that was the only way the enemies would leave. Killing her would transport the beast to somewhere in the world. She asked me to kill her.... I refused. I promised Obito I would protect her. And I would fight until my dying breath if that protected her. But during the fight. My chidori... even with the sharingan, I still didn't have it perfected. I had my sights on my target, I was fast. Too fast for me to change direction or even think to." He voice was getting breathy.

"She knew that..." his breath hitched, "she jumped in front of my attack." Then his voice cracked. "My hand... my...my chidori... it went right though her heart...." His breath stilled for a moment, I knew he was trying to hold back the feelings. And knowing that, hearing that, I couldn't hold back my own.

"She whispered my name just before she died." Tears fell from my eyes onto his shirt. I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth to silence any noise I would make.
"We both collapsed, I felt this surge of power from the sharingan eye and then all my strength ripped away. When I woke.... I woke up in puddles of blood. All the enemies were dead. Some of our village shinobis were the ones to come as back up... but they didn't do it. They said everyone was already dead when they showed."
(End of flash back)

Kakashi said he never knew what happened to the enemies. He just woke up in their blood. If Obito still lives, if he loved Rin this much to... he's the one who-
"You let Rin die." Obito let out a chilling laugh. "Oh please, relax. What's with that look Kakashi?"
"So you're not going to condemn me?" Kakashi asks.
"What would be the point? This world will be ending soon."
Kakashi let out a breath. But it was no sigh of relief.

"Kakashi!" Naruto called, "no matter what happened we still need to stop this guy!"
"Naruto is absolutely right." Guy added.
But no matter what anyone said, I knew Kakashi wasn't hearing them. And he wasn't present enough to hear the attack Obito was about to make. He's a Uchiha, he has fire style. He threw a fire bomb swirl at us.