War and war

Kakashi's pov
Three weeks ago.

We made it back to the village. After taking one of Sasuke's teammates to the interrogation center, I made my way to the elder of the village to tell them what happened at the kage summit. The man with the orange mask... Madara... declared the 4th ninja war to begin. War is coming. And we have no Kage. Since Sasuke killed Danzo after the summit.

We had all the lands come together to form an alliance against this coming war. But without a kage for the hidden leaf... will we needed to act fast. And as for me... it was looking like I was about to become the next Hokage. I wish Makota was here, I'd love to talk to her about this. Get her opinion. I believe she would be proud, I think.

I sent pakkun after her, to keep his distance but to let me know if anything goes south. I haven't heard anything so hopefully everything is going fine. But it's been two days of being back in the village and no signs of her or Kurapika. And something in my gut feels.....wrong.

I headed to the meeting with the village elders.
They told me they would request a meeting with the feudual lords. And as the next Hokage, I should have a confidant to stand beside me. So I won't do everything by myself. My only thoughts surrounded Makota. Where was she...

—————————————*——————————

At the meeting with the fuedual lords I was to be announced as the next Hokage.... But they were held up on the title. Since Danzo wasn't actually ever the Hokage they were deciding on if I'm the 6th or 7th Hokage. And I couldn't be anymore thankful at the delay when we got information that Tsunade had woken up.

Naruto was leaving to meet the eight tails on an island that would keep the last two tailed beast hidden from the Akutsuki. We were to now plan for war.

I was elected to lead a section of the united ninjas from all different villages. I was honored. But again.... I wanted Makota here. Mostly so I knew she was safe...she'll be safe with me. And not knowing where she's at has this emptiness growing in my stomach. A pit of worry.
I grabbed my book and headed for the woods, I needed to clear my head for a moment. I found a stump and sat myself down and let myself, in a way, relax.

I was completely unaware of my surroundings, so I'm glad I was alone when Pakkun popped up in front of me. I'm embarrassed to say I was startled. But that emotion left and a new one took over...anger and guilt.

Chrollo. I should have never let her go... not by herself.
"Kakashi, another thing.... Kurapika...."
He didn't have to finish his sentence for me to know, that her brother was no longer alive.

I went straight to lady Tsunade.
"I need a team to rescue Makota." My breathing was heavy since I ran all the way here.
"Kakashi, we are planning for war you know."
She said harshly.
Like I wasn't aware we are in the middle of an allied ninja battle.
"I'm well aware. But I didn't save her last time. She's a part of my team and..." I clinched my jaw.
She narrowed her eyes, "we can't send out a team. We need every ninja we can for this war. And Kakashi, we need you. You will be leader of a section of the ninja army."

I let out a shaky breath, running my hand through my sliver grey hair. Something I inherited from my father.
"I can't....I can't leave her to fend for herself. Not when Chrollo has her."
She rubbed her hand over her face.
"Send just me. I'll be back in time to lead out the group. We have days till we need to head off."
"Kakashi-"
"I rarely ask for favors." I say quickly.
She stared at me for a moment, then very softly she said, "you have a little more week..."
I nodded, then left quickly. Pakkun showed me the direction she was. I summoned my ninja hounds to help track her very location.

I'm coming Makota.... Don't give up.