Shikamaru's revenge

"What's this plan of yours?" Kakashi asked Shikamaru as we all squatted behind a giant rock in the forest.
"I'll break it down," he pulled out a small empty capsule, handing it to Kakashi. "I'll need you to fight against the other guy, find a way to get his blood, then I'll take it and fight against the guy who only need a drop of your blood to kill you... do you see where I'm going?" Shika explained.

Kakashi nodded, "you're going to trick him into thinking it's your blood...he'll end up killing his teammate instead of you... but how do you plan to kill him?" Kakashi asked.
Shika took a breath, "I've that worked out.. you don't need to worry. I'll have Ino and Choji as your backup. Makota will help me set up my plan."
We all nodded.

"Alright let's go." Kakashi stood.
"First we need to pick up their trail." Shika added.
"We need to go back to the place we battled and find their foot prints, track them from there." Ino suggested.
"Then let's go." Shika began walking as we followed.

We found ourselves in a clearing, trees seemed to be cut down, or maybe growing from being cut down.. whatever is was didn't matter, what mattered was we lost their trail from the rain that passed. Even if they would take a different trail from whatever they said to Shika and the team before, their destination was the same... the leaf village.

"That's a lot of ground to cover if we are looking for trails to the leaf village. So what's the plan?" Kakashi asked.
Shika looked around, until his eyes met the sky, "that's the plan."
I looked up confused at first, till Ino said,
"I'll handle this."
Then I understand when I saw the bird flying high up in the cloudless sky. Her technique is mind possession. She can enter into one's mind and control their body, but leaving hers completely vulnerable.

We waited until she reclaimed her own body.
"You were right, they are headed to the leaf. Taking a different route, I'll show you."
"Then let's go." Kakashi ordered.
We knew our plan... we snuck up behind them and took action.
Shika used his shadow possession, mostly as a distraction. They both jumped out of the way just in time for our paper bombs attached to kunai to strike them.

"Kakuzu!" The one with the weapon that had three long blades on the end, called out.
"I'm fine Hidan, I hardened my arm." I heard the other guy say.
While they were distracted Shika jumped above them throwing weapons towards them that looked like paperbombs.
As shock took over their faces they realized, we had them.
"Shadow possession shuriken worked.." Shika said landing infront of them.
The shuriken or chakra blades, landed on their shadows making them paralyzed where they stood.

Shikamaru used his shadow possession to capture Hidan, when shika moves, it make whoever he has trapped copy him. He made Hidan ready his weapon and run towards Kakuzu.
"Duck!" Hidan yelled at his partner, which in turn he did...
"How?" I breathed.
He was supposed to be trapped by the chakra blade.

It seemed, as I peered closer, that during the first paper bomb attack this man was able to detach his arm and hide it under ground. Being able to still use it with whatever his jutsu is and remove the chakra blade from his shadow. Then reattaching his arm.
"Better retreat and come up with a new plan..." Kakuzu's voice was deep, sounded as if it had been dragged though gravel.
Shika ran, having Hidan still trapped, making him swing his blade at Kakuzu.
"I can't control my body!" Hidan yelled, "do something Kakuzu!"

Kakuzu was backed against a giant dead tree as his teammate ran at him. Choji's turn.
"Human spiked boulder!" He yelled, crashing down on top of Kakuzu.
His jutsu is to be able to expand his body and shape it into a ball, or in this case a spiked ball.
Dust and dirt flew into the air blocking our sights. I hid behind the tree with Ino till we saw our cue.

Kakuzu looked untouched, when the dust cleared. He can hardened parts of his body when he chooses. We waited, wondering what Shika could come up with to actually get an attack on him.
Bright blue lightning cracked through the air, Kakashi had impelled his lightning chakra right though Kakuzu's heart. Also getting the sample of blood while he's at it. Impressive as always.