Land of rivers

2 years & 4.5 months ago

"Talk, where is the scarlet eyes that your boss purchased nine years ago?" My brother said sternly.
"I..I don't know.." The man stumbled over his words.
"Makota.." My brother ordered.
Fear squeezed my heart, my stomach clinched at the thought of being the reason someone else has to die. But I had to shut those feelings out or it would be the death of me.
I entered his mind, fear, he was in fear while I searched for the answers we needed.
Pain, he began feeling pain. I couldn't linger here, I needed to find the answers quickly.

"The ball gallery here in the land of rivers. There's a ball being held in a week at 6pm. The gallery opens at 8pm. The boss keeps the eyes in his office. But it's locked with a code." I said still keeping his mind held.
"What's the code?" Kurapika asked.
"He doesn't seem to know.." I let his mind go before I melted it. The man slumped over heavily breathing.
"Kill him." My brother order walking away.

I kept my face still even though my heart skipped at those words. No emotion Makota... hide your feelings. This is your job... your purpose.... Your revenge!
"No please! You got what you wanted!" He yelled.
I pulled out my Katana swinging it down upon the man. His blood spattered across my face. This is my purpose...

Later that night my brother got tickets for the ball. Him being the leader of the Nostrade's family guard was one reason we actually got accepted.
"I got this dress for you." He handed me a royal blue gown with gold lacing and white sleeves.
"What? Oh... I have to wear this." I looked at it with distaste. Not that the gown was ugly, on the contrary. It was a gorgeous dress. Just me in a dress was another story.

"Yes. It's our colors... blue and gold." He hesitated for a moment before pulling himself together with a breath. "And my plan is you talk with the boss. Or maybe scan his mind for the code."
"Scanning his mind will burn it... he'll know something up.."
"It's a risk we have to take."
"Yes sir..." he means a risk I have to take.
I took the dress and headed to my room in this hotel we have stayed at. I threw the dress on the bed, laying down next to it.

I closed my eyes, my thoughts were destroying me. Their screams echoed in my mind. Their begs for mercy haunted my dreams. I haven't been able to get a good night sleep in months. I tried not to think, clearing my mind, if at all possible but the silence was a killer too. The darkness... I can slowly feel it creeping it's way inside me... every time I enter someones thoughts, every time their body falls to the ground.. it's just a step closer to losing any good inside of me...

I stared at the ceiling, my thoughts traveled to Kakashi. I felt my throat tighten up. Should I have stayed with him. He would be disappointed to see me now. What things I've done...I'm so different from who I was when I left and it's only been around eight months.... What will I be when I'm done with this... my eyes burned. But not one tear escaped. My throat had a knot in it, but I couldn't scream...so I stared blankly into space while my heart shattered into pieces.

—————————————*———————————-

"So the plan is, I'll stand and watch guard as you find the boss and get the codes to his office, then go up the stairs. His office is on the right, the opposite of the gallery. The scarlet eyes should be in there." Kurapika began, "I trust you can handle it?"
I stared blankly at him for a moment. The dress felt to tight, even as it hung off my to boney body.
"Yes, I can handle it." I barely spoke.
His eyes stared into mine, we held each others gaze for a moment until he said,
"Then the plan is set."

————————————-*————————————

We entered the ball room, golden chandeliers hung from the giant ceiling. Golden frames outlined arches around the room. I couldn't count the amount of people in this room, how would I ever find the boss.