59~ Joe

Joe tilted his head slightly as he watched her, she seemed jumpy today.. more then usual. His heart breaking slightly when the valuable book she'd taken landed roughly on the floor.
'It's just a... very rare book Joe'
He gave her a small, sorry sort of smile, "I really thought Ethan would be more careful,"
Did Joe feel bad about blaming Ethan, his most trusted and close friend, yes.. but he also had to witness more Star Wars sex than he wished to ever see last night, and the revenge seemed fitting.
"Don't apologise," Joe waved off, running his tongue across his busted lip, he'd been doing it all week, it started to become a habit.
He raised an eyebrow as she picked the book up,
'Of course I mind! You don't just walk into a creepy basement without me, dammit Ella, you could have ruined our relationship,'
"No not at all, besides I think you could use a good distraction, nothing like a good vintage book so take you somewhere else for a while," he shrugged. He had to clean his apartment if she agreed to his date... and he was going to lend Paco that book to keep him busy, he felt bad for the kid, it reminded him of his own childhood.

He smirked, "great, cause I know this place, I can order it, anything you want," Joe smiled, his brows furrowed slightly, was she hesitating? Something seemed so off about her today, but, she agreed to his date. "I even have, some lovely classical music, all on records of course, it isn't helping.. you called me old and now it's all I see," he joked playfully, trying to distract her mood.
Joe nodded, giving her a tight lipped smile, "for sure, I'll see you at 6- ah, just watch my neighbour, he can be a bit of a tight ass," he muttered, his eyes dancing to her lips when she stepped closer to him. His breath got caught in his throat when she grabbed his apron, pulling him in for a kiss that felt way to short.
Joe let out a shaky breath, swallowed, she tasted like strawberry, and smelled of sweet flowers. She was perfect.

But she was still thinking about Evan. Which was a problem. Joe felt the hardness off the book against his chest, moving his arm to grip it as she walked away, "see you tonight," he said quietly.

The rest of the day seemed to go way to slow, but Joe managed to get Ethan to stay back so he could leave early. Picking up some snacks and arranging for the food to be dropped off just before she got there. He rushed to his apartment door, spotting Paco, "hey Joe, sorry about your laptop.. Ron said.."
"Paco, it's ok, here," he quickly looked around before handing him the book, "remember where I told you to hide it," he winked, "I have a date so, I have to get ready," he gently pushed pacos arm with a smile before unlocking his apartment door.

Quickly picking up any loose clothes, and attempted to make his bed, opening a window, "ok.. ok, it's fine, it looks.. good," he breathed, moving around to grab his laptop, "shit," he pulled the usb out of his back pocket, looking at the time, "agh.. I'll check it out later.." he sighed, heading a knock on the door from the delivery man. Joe tossed the usb into a drawer nearby, rushing to the door to set up dinner, he paid the man, thanking him and tossing Paco some food. Before setting the table.

He stood there for a moment before rushing to his bathroom, fixing the ceiling tile and brushing his teeth, "maybe this is the night.. I- I'll make her forget about Evan," he mumbled. Fixing his shirt.