17.

Athena's POV

"I like this one" I said to my friends who nodded "I like it too" Fran commented then I felt a hard slap on my ass making me turn to look at Kennedy "damn mama looking so sexy" she said before sitting down beside them.

"Your girls are definitely gonna like it"

Don't remind me that I'll see them both there.

"Stop I don't wanna think about the fact that I'm gonna see them both there. It's always so tense and awkward with them"

"Girl no shit. They hate each other" Georgia said and I groaned loudly "I know but they're both so hot"

"And rich" Kennedy added making everyone nod in agreement "it's not about the money. They're nice people to hang out with"

I enjoy their company. Victoria can be a bit moody but it's okay, I'm a patient person so I'll be patient with her. Maybe when she feels really comfortable with me, everything will begin to get easier because I find it really hard to figure out how she feels.

But my baby Natalie is just the most perfect woman ever. She's so nice, considerate and really fun to be with. I find it easy to talk to her for many hours non-stop. 

———

Victoria's POV

"Whiskey on rocks" I said to the bartender as I rested my elbows on the counter of the bar. I looked at my watch, getting more impatient at this gala.

I'm here because I have to be here but if Athena gets here, maybe I'll actually have fun.

I took the glass the bartender handed me and took a sip from it. I kept looking at the entrance of the place to check when Athena gets here.

After a while, I spotted Athena walking in.

I couldn't believe how someone can be this beautiful.

The dress she was wearing was so perfect on her

The dress she was wearing was so perfect on her. Her short hair was down as she flashed her famous smile to the people greeting her and looking at her.

I can feel my heart beating faster at the sight of her.

"She looks good, doesn't she?" I snapped out of my daze and looked at Natalie who stood beside me "she does" I agreed and chugged down my entire drink then fixed myself to make sure I look good for Athena.

"I don't want us to fight over Athena. It's pointless" Natalie said making me turn to look at her "if you let me have her all for myself without the pointless shit you're doing to win her over, then we won't fight" I said looking deeply into her eyes.

"You know that won't happen" she said placing her hands in her pockets "then I'll fuck you up if I have to" I said patting her arm before making my way towards Athena.

"Hello there princess" I said making her turn to look at me. She smiled widely at me and stepped closer to me "I was looking for you" her voice is so magical.

"You found me" her eyes trailed down my body and her hand softly touched over my abs making me feel a bit tingly "you look good" she complimented making me laugh "you always see me in a suit"

"And I never get bored of it" I tried so hard to not let a huge smile rip my cheeks "oh yeah?" She hummed and bit down onto her lip "hey" that fucking bitch Natalie said.

"Hi Nat" Athena gave Natalie a hug which made my stomach twist so fucking much. That's my girl.

"I like this red suit on you" Natalie was wearing this red suit with a black button up shirt, a golden chain and gold rings.

I wanted to wear one of the other suits I have. Like my dark green, navy or red suit but I didn't know what Athena liked.

I didn't want to wear a color she doesn't like.

"Thank you. Wore it just for you" okay I'm just going to go.

I walked away and a part of me really wanted Athena to call for me, ask me where I'm going or anything, at least notice that I'm gone but when I turned to take a look at her she was still talking to Natalie.

She was looking at her like nobody else matters.

I know at some point I'm going to beat the living shit out of Natalie because I want Athena so fucking bad but if I do that, it'll upset Athena because even though she might not be with her, she probably cares about her as a friend.

And it'll show how insecure and jealous I can be. It might push her away.

"Two shots of tequila" I ordered putting my palm on the counter of the bar to pull myself up so I can sit on the high stool "coming right up" the bartender said.

He handed me two shots and I drank them quickly then turned to look at Athena, praying that she's with anyone but Natalie.

But she was still with her.

They were now slow dancing just like many other couples were, very close to each other.

I can feel my heart hurting at the sight. It's like a needle keeps poking my heart.

Natalie leaned down to whisper something in Athena's ear which made her laugh. That should be me with Athena.

"Four more shots" I said, still not taking my eyes off them.

I hate attending these events but I thought if I came here and Athena was also here, we can bond and have some fun together.

Maybe events like this won't be as bad as I thought if it was with Athena.

I enjoy time with her. She has the most beautiful laugh, the sweetest smile and the best personality a gorgeous person like her can have.

I feel good when I'm with her. Not in a sexual way but in a way I haven't felt in a long time.

I can be myself when I'm with her. I don't have many people I can be myself with. I don't have any actually.

The more I look at them, the more my heart breaks.

Drinking is the only solution for tonight to go on without being as painful as it is right now.