29.

Athena's POV

"Coming!" I yelled to whoever woke me up from my sleep as I wrapped the robe around my body securely.

I rubbed my eyes and unlocked the door "Vic" I didn't say anything else when I noticed her red eyes and nose "I just didn't wanna stay alone tonight" she said, fighting back tears.

I can literally hear my heart breaking at the sight of her and the sound of her voice.

Seeing someone as strong as her cry is so painful.

I knew she didn't have her life together and I knew she'd break down at some point but it's still hard to see.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her down for a tight hug. She hugged me tightly and nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck "I don't want us to fight anymore, please" she said, clearly crying.

"Okay baby. I'm sorry" I kissed the side of her head and kept hugging her very tightly.

I backed away from the hug and held her hand, stepping back and pulling her into my apartment gently to close the door and lock it which I did without letting go of her hand.

"You wanna talk about it or just.. sleep?" I'm not going to force her to open up when she's upset. Or at all anymore since she doesn't like it.

"Sleep" I nodded my head and took her to my room as I kept taking glances at Victoria, making sure she's okay.

We got to my bedroom and I turned to look at her "did something happen?" I asked as I started untying the tie for her. She shrugged "I just.. had an argument with my mom again and I guess it was my breaking point" she said looking down.

I nodded understandingly and unbuttoned her button up shirt "what was it about?" I asked. I want to help her. It's okay if she doesn't want to say but it's not okay for her to keep pushing everyone away and keep her feelings bottled up.

"My dad. She blames me for his.." I saw a single tear fall down her face "..death" I tilted my head to the side as one of my hands reached up to caress her face.

I was a bit confused on what she meant but I wasn't going to ask for details. I'll figure it out later.

I'm just going to focus on her now.

I noticed her chest going up and down fast which made me look up at her "hey it's okay.." I placed my hand on her chest and she placed her head in the crook of my neck as I gently rubbed her chest.

"..just breathe slowly, you're okay" I reassured as I placed my other hand on the side of her head, scratching it gently to calm her down.

"Let's get you to bed, you need to rest"

———

"I'm sorry" I looked down at Victoria who I thought was asleep since she had her eyes closed for a bit.

We were on my bed and I was holding her tightly as she placed her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around me "for what?"

"This. I'm sorry, I just had no one else to go to" she looked up at me and I saw tears threatening to fall from her eyes "don't apologize. I couldn't be happier that you came to me"

She didn't seem to believe me though.

"Do you love Natalie?" She asked after a bit of silence.

That's a very difficult question to answer.

Do I love Natalie?

Love is a strong word to use for someone I haven't known for a long time.

Natalie makes me happy, sure but I don't think I got to the point that I love her. It's still too early for that.

Too much too fast is definitely not the thing for me.

I shook my head and moved her hair away from her face "no" I mumbled and she nodded, placing her head on my chest once again "she loves you though"

For some reason, I did not care if Natalie loved me or not.

All I'm thinking about is do you love me?

Does Victoria love me?