Chapter 24 - Waddle

I swear there are some things in my life that just arent my forte, like no matter how hard I try I would just lose my patience and steam and convince myself everything was against me, and today was on of those days!.

'I swear to god Ella ....This is going the far end of your garden if it doesn't cooperate!' I yelled as I frustratingly threw my hands contents on the floor in front of me, a mash of yelllow fluff and confusion.

'Chill cousin, its simple .....just give it to me!' Ella said rolling her eyes and I huffed and handed the yellow fluffy mass to her.

'Kitkat ....this is easy, but you were doing it back to front !' Ella said as the wave of knowledge swept across her face.

'I know the school gave us the supplies...but I am not crafty....I CANNOT do it !' I sulked and just folded my arms in front of me , slightly annoyed some egg yolk coloured fabric had got the better of me.

I am a grown adult being beaten by fabric!.

'You took Aera's measurements right ?' Ella said she slowly unpicked the chaos I had tried to sew.

'Yes its the same as the ones I sent to you!' I said as I flicked open my phone and handed it to Ella and just watched her nod and finally seperate the fabric I had destroyed.

'Its just a Duck Kitkat.......the little fluffy shorts that go over the white tights......and yes I picked some up from the shop, we have some in Aera's size.....and does she had a long sleeve white top? Ella asked and you could see her mentally crossing things off in the list she had made in her mind.

'I got a cheap one in the highstreet and I know she is making the Duck beak at school' I responded a little butt hurt that I couldn't do the simple mum task of making Aera's recital outfit even though the instructions looked easy.

'She will be the best looking duck in the play !' Ella smiled, her pride in Aera always showing.

'Well she almost looked like Duck roadkill with my sewing skills.....it doesnt read that hard !' I huffed and just watched Ella laugh and shake her head and heard Charlie chuckle above the soft sounds of his computer game.

'When do you have to pick her up?' Ella asked as turned around behind her to collect her sewing box from the unit behind her.

'At half six, she is having a tea party with her friend Lana...her little bestie right now'! I smiled as I responded.

Aera had made good friends with a little blonde curly haired girl with blue eyes and a smile that rivaled Aera's and they were always playing together and her Mother had asked if Aera wanted to come over for Tea as it was getting closed to easter and it was almost Lana's birthday.

'Have I been replaced ?' Charlie spoke , not wavering one eye from his computer game and looking slightly sullen.

'No No...don't worry .....she still worships you Charles !' I smiled back, and Charlie nodded with confidence as if it was never possible for him to be replaced as top bestie friend.

'Well here ...I have tucked in the waistband and folded over the legs and I have pinned down the seam so I just have to stitch it and voila we have the Duck bottoms !' Ella said laying it down on the floor in front of us to neaten her freshly placed pins down.

'I wish I was talented like you Ells!' I said.

'You are ....those stories you wrote were bloody awesome and I know you have learned to be an editor from the ground up ....you have more talent than you realise !' Ella said back.

Truth be told, Ella was super talented , she was a seamstress and designer and had her own shop after many years of working the Camden markets , she made beautiful jewellery and took on small designers and had their works on sale in her shop.