Chapter 32 - Dawn of the Day

Our emotions last night had completely floored us and at some point, we had succumbed to sleep and our dreams took us to our separate hideaways.

I swear he must have a dead arm as I fell asleep curled up to his side and not wanting to leave his warmth.

But I wasn't panicking, I wasn't regretting falling into his embrace, I wasn't regretting letting it out and telling him how I felt and I saw him in his rawness, spilling his heart to me, like a beautiful train I never saw coming taking me to a station I had no idea existed.

The dawn was creeping in and its elegant patterns started to appear through the gaps in Hobi's drapes I just breathed lightly and felt the warmth under me doing the same and I felt quiet and still and safe, and whilst it was a little weird, it felt like home.

=============================================================================

'Good morning' Hobi said, his voice coarse but his smile still there as he looked down at me with sleep-filled eyes.

'I think we fell asleep' I spoke back.

'Either that or I blinked for a long time' Hobi joked, all the while not trying to move me from his chest, but just lightly stroking the tips of his fingers through the ends of my hair.

'Are you ok?' I said, nervous and unsure of what else to say, because last night and its echo still felt all too big.

'I am......are you?' Hobi asked, his face just looking beautiful in the amber hues in the room.

'I feel like a rat has died in my hair' I joked and tried to tame it with my free hand.

'It looks beautiful Kat' Hobi smiled and softly yawned.

'You like saying that don't you' I said 

'What gave it away?' Hobi asked as he caressed my hair.

'Well, it's nice to hear, even if it's entirely untrue....but I am going to have to move .....I'm sorry but I need to pee!' I cringed and tried to hide my face.

'Down the hall, it's the 3rd door' Hobi said smiling and just moved up as I got up off his chest.

'I won't disturb Yuki?' I said remembering Hobi didn't technically live alone.

'She is in the spare room and she sleeps a lot now...she is getting old' Hobi said as he sat up once I had got up from the couch, his Pyjamas crinkled and his shirt slightly wet from where I embrassingly must have drooled a little.

'Me and the dog have that in common then' I joked as always trying to deflect.

'I'll make some Coffee...and ...and ' Hobi said almost stuttering as he woke up more.

'We can talk?' I said just before making my way to the bathroom.

==========================================================================

This bathroom was perfectly Hobi, the white crisp features of the room and dark navy blue towels almost folded to military precision on the towel rail.

It smelt like him too, a soft linen smell with a hint of vanilla, that perhaps I was enjoying a little too much as I washed my hands.

Reed diffusers and a little tray with an older style watch on it and a small silver ring that caught the light as it climbed higher in the sky through the frosted window that was a vertical rectangle at the left side of the bathtub.

A far cry from my vintage-style tub and showers Charlie had helped me install.

My reflection was a sight indeed, Hobi had been very sincere about my hair, it looked like a hurricane had taken it for a walk, and what's more I had no idea how I could tame it.