Chapter 40 - Come Dine with Me

It was too hot even if it was getting later. London was still light well into the late evening but I enjoyed the quiet and just sat watching my boyfriend so at ease and comfortable sitting in the opposite patio furniture.

It was peaceful, and as much as I wanted to enjoy this evening with Aera, I was glad she was asleep and we could have some adult time. She could dream her beautiful dreams and I could avoid any awkward questions about her favorite Bo Bo and me, I mean I know I have to find a way to tell her eventually without breaking her heart about her Daddy but for now this is ok.

'Well folks food is almost ready' Charlie piped up from behind his BBQ grill at the end of the decking.

'It smells amazing Charlie...I can't wait .....do you need any help?' Hobi offered to which Charlie politely declined.

' I am so hungry, I could eat so much meat !' I sighed and caught Charlie's eye with disapproval, diverting him from making some phallic-based meat joke.

'Well I may have made too much Katfish so you may get to take some home' Charlie said mid-BBQ flip.

'Well you know your little bestie loves your burgers so I am not going to say no to free food' I said as I got up to walk to the little glass-topped dining table my cousin had got out for the occasion.

'Oh let me ' Hobi said as he jumped behind me to pull out the chair so I could sit down.

'You are being gross again' I smiled and poked my tongue out just to be met with that beaming smile.

'I am a gentleman...it is my burden' Hobi said sitting down.

'Well.....you are indeed' I said as I sat next to him and just let my hand find him and let our fingers lightly hold one another.

'Ok ...Ok......I hope I have made this right ?' Ella said coming out holding a bowl that sort of resembled those novelty fish tanks that were almost certainly illegal under some law.

'One of Charlie's friends, the same guy who helped us with the Hangul on her baby stuff...he said this is a popular refreshing punch type drink thing?' Ella said as she placed the bowl down, meeting the table with a clink.

'Oh yummy ....we call this Subak Hwachae.... it is like a Watermelon punch made with ....well Watermelon obviously and ice with sometimes soda or milk and sometimes a bit of honey for sweetness....but this one looks fizzy....so I am guessing soda?' Hobi asked as Ella handed out some glasses she had placed on the bistro bar by the garden window.

'Yes I added Sprite !' Ella replied and Hobi's smile just beamed with approval.

'Well it looks amazing...thank you... I appreciate it ' Hobi said lightly bowing his head.

'Well it was this or Soju....and I think it's too hot to get shit-faced??' Ella said leaving Hobi looking a little confused.

'British slang for drunk sunshine!' I smiled in response.

'Oh right....yes correct.....' Hobi giggled and we all prepared to eat.

=========================================================================

'Charlie this is so good' I boasted as I took another bite of the lamb chop that just slid off the bone like butter and I sipped a bit of white wine to chase the flavour.

'Yeah friend ...this truly is amazing, thank you so much for having me over, it's nice to take a break from things and just unwind' Hobi said to Charlie, whose ego was always growing when his impressive cooking skills were complimented.

'Is work particularly busy?' Ella asked and I just gulped nervously about how Hobi would navigate all the difficult questions and have to pepper white lies to keep our secret.