Chapter 11

"But they're real! I'm not alone... I can still hear it. I can still hear them! Can you?" He looked at her with panicking eyes, eager to know if he really was really the crazy one in this situation.

('-ω-')

14: 05
---

ANNA furrowed her brows, "I'm afraid not..." she gave him a side smile. Chan breathed heavily, "oh my god... I really am crazy." He panicked.

Anna stood up from her seat and took the tray out of Chan's lap and placed it on the table beside him.

"Just calm down, okay? You're not crazy, you're just struggling." She put a hand on his shoulder, Chan flinched at the sudden touch and he shook his head in denial.

"No! I am! I really am!" His voice cracked, "please get me out of here! I want to go home! Just let me go!" He begged. Unfortunately, Anna declined, "I'm so sorry, Mr. Ban-"

"-Chan! It's Chan!" He sobbed, "stop calling me that." He muttered.

Chan hated when people would call him by his surname. It reminded him of his parents. His dead parents. He felt as if he was the one causing deaths. He thought he was the one with bad luck.

Anna swallowed, "I'm sorry, Chan, but I need you to calm down. Please." She begged with desperation as she rubbed his back for comfort.

Chan's mental breakdown stopped and he wiped his tears with the tissue Anna handed him.

He looked down and sniffled, "I really am crazy..." he quietly said. "You're not crazy, hyung." Hyunjin reassured.

Chan held his head, "stop! Stop! Get out of my head!" He pulled his legs up to his chest.

"Hyung... if we told you where you can meet us. Would you do it?" Seungmin asked with a stern manner. Chan froze and his gaze turned to Anna.

She looked at him with furrowed brows and a frown combined with a pout, "are you ok-"

"-yes! Yes! Tell me!" Chan yelled to the boys, "we need her to leave first." Minho suggested. Chan sighed and looked at her.

"It's getting late, I want to sleep." He told her numbly, Anna looked at the clock on the wall, "um... it's 2:35 right now-"

Chan shrugged, "so?" Anna's head turned and she looked at the timer on the wall. There was still 5 minutes left.

He raised a brow, "you guys count how long you spend with your patients?" Anna nodded, "yeah. So if you please don't mind. May I ask you some more questions?" She looked at him with a pleasing look.

Chan sighed in defeat and dreadfully agreed, "fine, fine." Anna smiled in satisfaction and she sat back on the same stool she was sitting on before.

"How old were you when the accident happen?" Anna questioned Chan with curiosity in her voice.

Chan sighed, "I was only 22..." He trailed off, Anna slowly nodded, "how old was the youngest, Jeongin, right?"

Chan could feel an arrow poke his heat, he always forgot how young Jeongin was. He died a week after his graduation and worst part he was still starting life.

They were going to visit his family and celebrate, Jeongin would've shown them around Busan, taking all the members places Jeongin listed on his phone.

"H-He was 18..." Chan sighed again. He could see Anna's expression softened, "oh my..." she whispered.

"Hyung, I'm fine. Stop blaming yourself." Jeongin reassured. Chan shook his head, "why? It's true, isn't it?"

Chan got no response in return. He scoffed, "exactly." Jeongin sighed, "hyung. I swear I'm fin-"

"-no you're not, Jeongin!" Chan yelled causing Anna to jump a bit. Chan shot his head up at her, "I-I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you- are you okay?" He said with a worried tone.

Anna smiled, "no worries. Who were you talking to?" She went back to crossing her legs. Chan swallowed, "w-who I was t-talking to?" He stammered.

Anna hummed with a smile but her brows slightly furrowed. Chan chuckled awfully loud. This made Anna's smile disappeared and furrowed her brows completely.

"Oh... um. I was talking with Jeongin. He says: "hi " by the way." Chan cleared his throat.

Jeongin scoffed, "I did not say that." Chan ignored the youngest statement and continued to awkwardly smile at Anna.

Then she got off her seat letting the clipboard rest on her arm. She sighed then smiled. "It was nice meeting you, Chan."

He softly smiled, "you too, Anna."

Chan's eyes followed her figure exiting the door, once the door closed he sighed in relief.

"Okay, tell me..." Chan demanded, he heard Hyunjin sigh, "hyung, there are side effe-"

"-I don't care." Chan interrupted, "just tell me... please." He begged.