Chapter 28

He closed his eyes and everything turned into a bright yellow light. His ears were screeching with ringing and chattering.

('-ω-')

Time unknown
---

CHAN wanted to open his eyes but he couldn't, like it was stuck, he only heard familiar voice chattering.

It was faint and he couldn't make out the voices but he could still hear it.

Chan's eyes flickered due to him struggling to open his eyes, and the shining bright, yellow and white light shining from god knows where.

His brows furrowed once he realised the voices become more familiar and clearer. His eyes shot open and he rose up, panting for air.

Everyone in the room stood up. Chan continued to pant as he looked around the room.

The hospital room.

Chan's breathing calmed. Confusion and Deja-Vu hit him. "W-Where am I?" Chan asked with a dry voice, looking at the three people, his eyes squinted trying to get better look.

"You're in the hospital, Chan." A manly voice stated. He walked closer to him, his face became more vivid. Chan noticed his face and his jaw dropped.

"L-Leo." Chan scoffed in disbelief as a smile crawled its way onto his lips.

Leo looked more older now, he had a moustache, his shoulder were more broad, and he got taller.

Chan analysed the woman standing next to Leo.

Anna.

The lady was Anna.

The lady who was with Chan during the mental hospital.

"A-Anna?" Chan spoke up. Everyone gasped, including Anna. "H-How do you know?" She asked with her hands intertwined with each other.

Chan got confused again and shrugged. "Because you were with me in the mental hospital...?" He stated as if she was the stupid one for not remembering.

Anna shook her head. "Chan... what mental hospital?" She questioned in that same gentle, honey voice that Chan clearly remembered.

"S-So who are you?" Chan said in a low, suspicious voice. She glanced at Leo, "I'm Leo's wife."

Chan's expression turned numb, but his eyes opened a bit, his eyes wandered around the blanket that was over his body before looking up at the two-Leo and Anna.

"Wow... holy shit.." he swallowed, "congrats." He cleared his throat. Certainly not expecting his cousin to get engaged to his doctor-basically.

He turned his head to the other man figure, it was the doctor he first saw when he woke up.

"Hey doctor, we meet again." Chan smiled. The doctor awkwardly chuckled, he exchanged glances with a worried Leo. "Hey... Chan."

Chan examined Anna, Leo and the doctor's expression. He was confused on how they haven't seen him before. Except for Leo.

But Anna and the doctor looked at him as if he was a monster. Or if he was mentally ill.

But he wasn't, he believed he wasn't, he couldn't be.

Then he remembered. Hazel, Violet... the boys.

"Is Hazel here?" Chan broke the silence. Everyone looked at him at the same time. Leo tilted his head, "Hazel? Chan, you need to tell us what happened."

Chan aggressively shook his head, "no, no, no! There was this girl I met! On a train!"

Leo stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Chan, you've been in a coma for three years." The doctor informed.

Chan paused and his face turned pale, "c-coma? T-three years?" He breathed out. Chan's eyes fluttered, "s-so... nothing was real?" He asked with a shaky and breathy voice.

The three slowly shook their head, "n-no..." Leo said with a concerned expression. Chan scoffed again. "N-No. It can't be, it was real. Violet? Do you know Violet?"

For a second, the room went silent. Anna opened her mouth to say something but she closed it.

"The neighbour?" Leo glanced at Anna. Chan quickly nodded, "yes! How is she?" Leo slowly shrugged. "Uh, good? I think?"

Chan sighed in relief, "how old is she?" Chan questioned again. Leo shrugged once more, "I don't know." The worry of Leo's face disappeared.

Chan inhaled and exhaled as he rubbed his face in frustration.

"Where are the boys buried?" Chan asked.