Chapter 15: Coleen Harrington

Keira's POV
"Mom, you're not looking!" Marcella patted my lap. She's showing me a new dance she learned from her ballet teacher. She has started ballet. Theo is not putting them in private schools but we have tutors coming in to give them the best education money can buy.

I'm distracted by Marcelle. I saw his father yesterday and I haven't stopped shaking. I would like to see them side by side. I would like for them to meet.

"That's cute sweetheart. Can you do it again for mommy?"

She did her little twirl all over again. I broke into applause for her.

"I'm just like the ballerina on the music box!"

I gave his daughter the music box. That way I can listen to it each night without Sinclair asking me where it came from.

"You are sweetheart. And you are just as beautiful." I paid attention to Marcelle. He is learning to read. He is determined to be good at it. Theo mostly reads with him and is starting to influence Marcelle's accent.

How will I tell Nick about them?

I have been thinking about it and the best ammunition against Theo is Nick. The only way Theo doesn't get the kids is if Nick knows about them.

Yesterday I froze. My confusion started when I saw him and fell off the bar stool. It was unexpected. I have wished to see him but when I did, I froze.

"Mrs Sinclair," Tessa, Theo's evil assistant addressed me. I always hear a measure of sarcasm in the way she addresses me. "Monsieur would like a word."

"I'll be there after Marcella is done showing me her routine."

"Right now would be preferable."

Meeting her cold eyes, I got up and followed her to Theo's office. He has a black eye and a badly bruised nose. He beckoned me over and Tessa closed the door to give us privacy.

"Sit down."

He sounds serious.

"What is it?"

"Why is Coleen Harrington here?"

He knows. Of course he knows. Coleen is not exactly hiding. I could lie but I have a feeling he already knows. Why else would he be asking?

"Why would you ask me that of you already know?"

Earlier...
"Kei! What w surprise-"

"Why did you do that?" I questioned her.

She glanced at my bodyguards. Yesterday they insisted on searching the apartment. Theo's paranoia is getting frustrating.

I shutthe door on the bodyguards faces and turned the lock. Taking her by the arm, I dragged her across the room far from earshot.

"Nick asked me for a favor. I granted it."

"Without my permission?"

"If I would have asked you, would you have agreed?"

"You two ambushed me."

"You looked absolutely fabulous. What more preparation did you need?"

"I haven't seen Nick for almost five years. Yesterday was shocking. I needed a heads-up. Don't ever do that again."

"The bruises, is it Sinclair? Is he beating you up?"

"Have you ever had rough sex? It leaves bruises, especially when you are as pale as I am."

"There is rough sex and there is assault honey. It's not strange for w husband to assault his wife in bed. Is that what is happening to you? Because if it is, you are allowing it by not asking for help."