Chapter 43: A concession

Keira's POV
"I didn't think you'll agree to see me." He looks sad. His therapy is glass of whiskey is in his right hand and a cigarette in the left hand. "Can you please put out the cigarette?"

His dark eyes remained still, his gaze almost intrusive. "Do you know that I almost quit this because of you? You made me want to be a better man. You did make me a better man. I foolishly believed you would be my forever. How stupid and naive of me." He pressed the cigarette on the ash tray and let go of it.

"Honestly, we needed each other. You needed your inheritance and a family. I gave you that and I would have probably given you my heart if you didn't ask me not to. You said we cannot fall in love. I obeyed."

"The only thing you obeyed."

"That's not true. I did everything you wanted me to do. I changed the way I look. I wore what you wanted. I ate what you wanted. I stayed in shape to look good for you. I played by your rules even if it wasn't what I wanted. I did everything just the way you wanted."

"Until you started scheming to leave me. You became defiant. You bought a house behind my back and you plotted to leave me! You were fucking Nick behind my back!" He banged his fist on the table. "Don't pretend you were a good wife!"

"Speaking of schemes... I will be letting the judge know how you tampered with my birt control to trick me into pregnancy! I have a sworn statement from the pharmacist you blackmailed. Shame on you Theo!"

"That is justified."

"How so? You schemed to get me pregnant!"

"And you lied to me everytime we made love! You said you were off your pills! You tiyed with my emotions,making me believe I actually stood a chance of fathering my own child! You forced my hand Kei!"

"And you don't think I was on to you when you suggested that I have a baby after I told you I wanted out of this marriage? Theo you are a schemer! There is no fair play with you! I had to sink to your depths to make it in this marriage! You're the one who forced me to be this way!"

"After everything I gave you, you couldn't even sacrifice none months to give me a child?"

"Money and a child cannot be compared!"

"I'm not just talking about the money!" He threw the whiskey bottle against the wall. "I saved you! I made you! And what did you do?" His voice broke and his eyes glistened. "You cheated on me."

"It was never real Theo. It was a contact, one year after another and you paid me to stay. That is not a real marriage. I'll be more than happy to give back everything in exchange for my freedom and my children. Take it all back. Please. Just let me go because you are torturing me and I cannot do it anymore."

"It's money. I have a lot of it and what I have you is nothing. I don't want it back. I want what is owed to me! I want a baby! Give me that and I'll let you go. I'll let go of everything."

Should I use this pregnancy to get my way?

"I'm never going to give you children. You need to accept that. You also need to accept that this marriage is over. The twins are mine, not yours. You need to let go already so that we can both find peace. Please Theo, if you ever had any love for me, price it now and let go."

He turned away from me, not offering a response. I want to push for one but I think I have said everything that needed to be said. It's my final attempt at a resolution. I know there is some reasonableness in there somewhere.

"While I'm here, can I please see Marcella? It's been weeks. You can supervise if you want to. Just let me see my daughter."

"Take her with you."