Chapter 34: Frenemy

Nick's POV
"I don't want to be here. Trust me. Hell is a better destination."

Mancini flashed a smile at me. "Isn't it always a joy when you realize you can't live without me?"

I have reached the end of the road. Sinclair is gone. My kids are nowhere to be found. Even Bruce can't find Sinclair and they are close. I cannot lose any more sleep over this. I'll put my pride aside. I'll put my ego aside. I'll talk to the only person I know with enough reach and who can deal with a man like Sinclair.

"I'll get to the point."

"Don't be rude. Will you have something to drink? Cognac perhaps? I recently acquired a barrel that is one hundred years old. It tastes like luxury."

"I don't drink anymore."

"Admitting to your weakness is brave. Tea then. Tea leaves won't kill you."

"Fine. As long as you listen to what I have to say."

"Sit down." I took a seat in front of the godfather and his right hand man Russo. "What can I do for you?"

"I want someone found."

"Who?"

"Theo Sinclair."

"Romanov's boy?"

"What? No. Theo Sinclair, pain in the ass french billionaire."

"Your lover's husband. I know who he is and I'm telling you he's Romanov's boy. I'm not touching Romanov's boy."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yes. Some people are untouchable."

How is Theo, Romanov's boy? How do they even know each other?

"I wouldn't be asking this if it wasn't important Mancini. Sinclair has taken something really important to me and I need to find him."

"What did he take?"

At the risk of Mancini having new leverage over me, I'm going to tell him. "My children."

He looked at Russo. "Doesn't he have just one child?"

"I have twins with Keira."

"Dio!" He exclaimed. "Look at you wrecking her marriage all over again!" He broke into applause. "So Sinclair took your babies."

"Yes. I can't find him. I need your help."

"I'm all for philanthropy but I have to ask. What do I get out of this? Better yet, how important is this to you?"

Gio begged me not to turn to Mancini. I can't go another day without the twins. I can't stand to see Kei sad. I'll sacrifice anything to get her back.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't important. I'll do anything you want."

"Anything... That is what I love to hear. Get me Lombardi." He instructed Russo. "Nicko, you don't know how much potential you have, do you? You have a solid heart, never fickle in anything. I could use you. How do you feel about being more than my accountant? Call it a promotion to capo."

I swallowed with difficulty.

Gio will have a heart attack if he finds out my answer.

"Whatever it takes to get my children back."

"Signor, you called." Lombardi made his entrance.

"Lombardi, this is Don Balotelli's grandson. He needs your help. Romanov's boy took his children..."

"A boy and a girl. Twins. The boy is unmistakably mine. The girl is blonde with light blue eyes. I have turned every place he could be upside and down and nothing."