Chapter 63: Keira & The Godfather Part 2

Nick's POV
I can't believe Kei pulled a fast one over Julio. He is usually keen about these things. It must have been that he didn't expect it from Kei.

"Anything?" My mom asked me.

"No. No one has seen her. I have people on the streets! No one can find Kei! Where were you ma? You were supposed to watch her!"

"I had things to do! Dio! I'm not a babysitter!" She rolled her eyes at me.

"She was bleeding. What if she was miscarrying and she pulled this shit?"

"Signore." A bodyguard is holding a clear bag and it looks like it had blood in it.

"What is this?"

"She wasn't bleeding. She lied."

I never expected this from Kei. I never saw this coming. She could be anywhere.

I decided to call someone she may go to. His phone didn't ring long. "Nickolas."

"Theo, have you spoken to Kei?"

"No. Why?"

"Please don't lie to me."

"I haven't spoken to Kei since she was in hospital. Is there a problem? Is she missing?"

"She ran away and she took the kids. I can't reach her on phone and I don't know where she is. I thought she was coming to you."

"No. Let me ask Leen. Please hold." I paced about and waited for a response. Everyone around me is eager. "She hasn't spoken to Leen sonce the funeral."

"Can you please check her house. Please. I know it's a big ask -"

"Not to worry. I'll send someone over. I hope you find them."

"Thanks man." I hanged up.

"What about her best friend? Kathy?" My ma asked.

"Katya." I called her next. She had completely slipped my mind.

"Nick. What's up?" She answered.

"Is Kei with you?"

"I'm in Russia." She cannot reach Russia that fast. "Is everything okay?"

"She left. I don't know where she is. She took the kids."

"How did she get away from all that security?"

"She tricked Julio into taking her to hospital. Fake blood and all. After that she took off with the kids."

"Wait, where is Terr?"

"He is with her."

"You can't reach her phone."

"Obviously if I could I wouldn't be calling you!"

"Nick, don't go off on me. Blame your incompetence." She hanged up on me.

"Nick." Julio is back. "I went back to the hospital,tracked down the doctor and two nurses who took her. They confessed that Kei paid them off to help her get away. One of the nurses gave me the number plates of her car. I have looked into it and she was spotted heading for the French border."

"She's going home." Ma noted. "Let's just go to France and wait for her."

Mancini's POV
I have been driving for four hours. Traffic has been a bitch but we are almost at the border of France and Italy. My security detail is faithfully following me. We were supposed to go back to Sicily. Russo doesn't like random plans. I don't either. But Kei, as they call her, Kei. I can't help but have these moments where I smile like a idiot because of her. She has made me reckless. I'll drop anything to catch a glimpse of her. I'll follow her anywhere.