Chapter 38: All The Lawyers

Theo's POV
It's unlike Marcella to refuse to eat. Between her and her twin, she's the one who loves to indulge in everything that comes out of the kitchen. She is always up for food any time. Marcelle is a picky eater. He tends to play with his meals especially when he's upset about something.

"Just one more bite little princess. One more." I held the spoon of fried rice close to her mouth but she won't open. She is as dull as the weather outside.

"She misses her twin."

"Or maybe your cooking is horrible."

The woman who has been trying to play mother spoke my thoughts. I think she misses her twin.

"That was rude. I apologize. Do you miss yours?" It's the only way to explain who I buried.

"I never knew her. That bond was never there. This is different. She knows he is not here and it's hurting her. It's time to let her go."

"I told you, she's the last thread to sanity I have. Don't cut it."

I put away the plate of food.

"Papa."

"Oui ma cherie." I answered quickly.

"I miss Marcelle." Tears spilled from her eyes. "...and mommy."

I took her into my arms, trying to console her but my mother is giving me the "I told you so" look.

"Don't you want to stay with me?"

"I do. But I miss Marcelle and mommy. Take me to them papa, please."

I pressed a kiss on her golden crown. I may have to let her go. Holding onto her is hurting her. Maybe if I keep holding on. she will get over it.

"You will meet another woman and together you will have your own children." She squeezed my shoulder. "No one will be able to take them away."

"Sorry to interrupt." Tessa, my person assistant walked in holding a stack of magazines. She dropped them on the kitchen table.

Before Marcella could see, I decided to send her away. "Go to your room. I'll check on you in a moment." I watched her walking in small steps with her yellow bunny. She is adorable. "What is going on?" I don't need an explanation because it's in the form of Keira and Nick together. I picked up the top one, noting how their lips are locked in deceit. "Do I need to explain this?"

My mother picked up the next one.

"It looks like you got played Theo." Red notes. "She's exceptionally good at this or is Nick the one who seeks her out?"

"It doesn't matter." Tessa answered with a voice laced with irritation. She never liked Kei from the get go. "What matters is the scandal."

Part of me has always known that Kei would do this. I just did not want to accept it. I settled into the chair, still holding the magazine in my hand. Nothing screams the end of my marriage louder than this picture.

"Every marriage ends at some point. This one isn't any different. Someone will get bored, someone will die or someone will cheat. It's just how it is Theo. Fike for divorce and end it.

"It's not just about it ending." Tessa countered. "She is giving interviews."

"What?" I asked. She looked through the magazines and revealed one. Listen to this. "My husband Theo has always been dear to my heart. However, despite all have s strengths he also suffers from his share of weaknesses. Among these is sadly his explosive temper. There are moments he has scared me to comply with whatever he wants. He has used threats that are not just limited to words. The last time I saw him, he pushed me down and my son saw it. After that he licked me up and fled with the twins. A dear friend found me in the wine cellar, starved for days. I accepted then that he doesn't care about the wellbeing of our family. I recovered my son from him but he is in hiding with my daughter. I am asking the general public to please be on the lookout for Theo Sinclair. Please if you see him, make it known where he is."