Chapter 53: Our Girls

A/n: This chapter follows immediately after the events of Chapter 21: Boom in Leen & The French Billionaire. This chapter title will also carry on in Chapter 22 of Leen & the French Billionaire as a continuation.

Nick's POV
"Guys! I don't see any packing!" I shouted when I found their rooms neat. The suitcases are empty.

They are going home in about two days. I'll miss them. Their company has been great. Marcelle and I can actually share a conversation. There are no kisses and hugs like Marcella but I'll be patient. The best part is that Madeline gets along with both of them. I can completely ignore the random moments she and Marcelle have nearly fought.

I am thinking of sending Lupe to France with the twins. I want a way to keep tabs on Kei without making it obvious.

"I thought I told you guys to start packing!" I found all of them in the living room watching the news. Even Lupe. They are quiet.

"I don't understand." I heard Marcella whimper.

As I got closer, I read the caption: "Bomb goes off at the Port of Sinclair."

"What is this?" This time they heard me and quickly turned their attention to me. They have the same faces. Sadness. Am I missing something? Marcella ran to me and hugged my legs, looking up with the saddest blue eyes. "What's wrong bambina?"

"My papa!"

I turned up the volume. They are showing a different section of the port. I think it's the building Kei's company is in.

"Late this morning, a bomb exploded at the Port of Sinclair leaving scores injured and three dead..." I need to find my phone and call Kei. I hope she wasn't there. "Eyewitness confirm that the bomb exploded inside the office of the CEO of Cruise de Marina, Coleen Harrington. It has been confirmed that at the time of the explosion, Coleen Harrington was not alone. She was with the owner of Cruise de Marina, Keira Charlotte Ballard. Their condition is still unknown..."

My heart stopped.

I gripped Lupe for support, staring at her wide eyed. Kei was in there! I snapped out of it when Marcella started crying. I got sudden strength to pick her up.

"My phone? Where is my phone?"

Julio walked in quickly. "Nick, have you heard?"

"Yes. The bomb. Lupe switch that off. Take the kids to the bedroom. Pack. We are leaving immediately you're done." I gave her Marcella. "Hurry up!"

They hurried out of tge living room, leaving me with Julio. "Call Sinclair."

"No."

He gripped my arm tightly. "Call Sinclair. He was there and he probably knows more than anyone else. Put your pride, ego and tahe aside. Call Sinclair."

He has a point.

"I don't have his number."

"Look for it. I'll call the pilot."

I can't get to Marseilles as fast as I want. It will take me around ten hours to get there. My mom is much closer. It will take her at most an hour. I called her.

"Ciao Nicko!"

"Mom, listen. A bomb went off at Kei's office. The news say she was in there with Coleen -"

"Dio! Are they dead?"

"I don't know! I'm freaking out here! I'm in New York. I can't make it to Marseilles now but you can go. Right?"

"Yes! I'm on my way out! Going right now!"

"I need Sinclair's number."

"Wait, I have it. Let me text you."