Chapter 27: Day Three: Girls Night Out

Coleen's POV
When I think about paperwork, I remember my twin. Cole is the laziest where paperwork is concerned. I used to read and he would sign. I think I'm more like my father because he reads everything, especially the fine print. My dad may not have favored me as much my twin but I have learned much from him and I love him to the moon and back.

I saw him when I was in Paris. It was wonderful to spend time with my father. I'm fond of saying I don't need a man but my father has a way of making me feel like his little princess. When I'm in his arms, it feels like nothing and no one can hurt me. In that way, he chooses me over Cole and it makes me feel special.

I dropped the box of paperwork on the table. The pretty woman jumped and spilled her coffee all over her pristine white blouse.

"Damn it damn it!" She began to unbutton. "Don't startke me like that!"

Her sharp blue eyes locked with my own. "I was whistling when I came in. I banged the door shut... I wasn't exactly quiet."

"At least I have a spare one."

"Where was your mind?" I asked her as I began to layout the documents. I already read through some early this morning.

When I take a job, I do it seriously.

Kei is like Cole. She hates paperwork. This will be a long ng day for her.

"Is this okay?" She asked me about the cheetah print blouse. "It's not Theo approved, but I like it."

"It's Leen approved. When you're done with it, I want it." I chuckled. "Where was your mind?"

"How long have you known Nick?"

"Since we were wee high." I gestured at the height of a toddler. "Why do you ask?"

I sat down with my cup of coffee. She came to sit on the other side of her table. "Have you ever kept something from him? Like a secret?"

"Nick and I never had that kind of relationship. We were not emotionally involved, just physically. My dad really wanted it work but we knew it was only good for sex. When we didn't need each other, we didn't look for reasons to be together. It's not like you and him. You two are really emotionally involved. Are you keeping a secret from him?"

"Two big ones. I think he will never forgive me."

"Do you want to talk about it? You can trust me Kei."

She looks weighed down. She turned her chair away from me to face the floor to ceiling windows looking out at the Port of Sinclair.

"Before I married Theo, I got pregnant. Nick dumped me and I didn't know what to do. I married Theo. The twins... Theo is not their father."

Oh shit!

"Who is?" I still have to ask.

"Nick. He doesn't know but in two days he will. Helena Bale found out and she is giving me a deadline to tell him." She turned her chair to face me. "Yesterday I tried to tell Nick... I just can't bring myself to fin clean because I fear he will never forgive me."

"No he won't " I informed her.

She covered her face. "I fucked up Leen. I should have told him from the start but I was scared. He was horrible to me." She looked at me with tears at the brink of falling. "Now I don't know what to do."

Is she telling me this because she wants ke to help her?

"Can I see the twins?"

Kei doesn't keep personal pictures around the office.