Chapter 30: Best Friend

Theo's POV
"Can I get it daddy? It's so cute!" Marcella will never stop amusing me. "I'll take care of it."

The driver looked back at us with a curious expression. He wants to hear what I'll say.

"Ma cherie, that is not a kitten."

"It's not?" She checked through the window just to make sure.

I paid attention to Marcelle. My fingers felt the silk soft dark hair on his head. "Are you all right?"

"Mom isn't here yet. Where is she?"

It's been nearly a week since I left Marseilles. I have brought the children to South Africa. I chose this place because it's the one place I have never brought Kei. She knows about my other vacation homes.

"Daddy!" Marcella tagged me. "Can I go out and get it?"

There is a lioness near the tour van. It has two cubs. Marcella seems to think they are fat kittens and she wants one.

"They are not kittens Marcella! They will eat you!" Marcelle told her. "Where is my mother?"

"Don't scare your sister. Watch your tone." I turned my attention to Marcella. She looks disappointed. "Ma cherie, I'll see to it that you touch one before we go home. But you cannot bring it home. Okay?"

"Yes daddy." She beamed.

"Is there any place she can get close to one without getting hurt?" I asked the driver.

"Yes there is Mr Sinclair. There's a sanctuary hot far from here. There are three cubs that are quite used to people. Should I drive that way?"

"Yes please."

He drove away as I paid attention to my son. "Are you calm?"

He has a short fuse. Is it a result of nature or nurture?

"Yes."

"Your mom got caught up with work but she will be here. Don't worry." I pressed a kiss at the top of his head.

I remember this place. My father used to bring me here when I was a little boy. Back then my mom was still alive. My mom; she is alive. I don't understand how when I saw her dead. Romanov made me look. It's because of the fond memories I made with my father that I never came back until now.

I will lose Kei. I have made peace with it. But I'm not ready to give up my children. My lawyer assured me that I'm not breaking any laws by taking them. I'm not their biological father but I legally adopted them. They are mine. I have the same rights Nick has.

My heart oozes of nothing but love for these two. Keira told me I don't know how to love but she's wrong. I love these two! I love them so much I can n ver let them go.

I drew both of them close to my sides. "I love you two very much."

Keira's POV
Listening to the sound of my own breath if not my heartbeat is starting to drive me crazy. I can only think of my children. Where are they right now? I know Theo won't hurt them but I want th m back!

"Please let me out!" I screamed with my palms banging at the door. "Please! I know you hear me! Tell Theo to let me out! Tell him I want to talk!"

I wish I had my phone. If only I had known this would happen. I moved away from the door and started pacing. I don't know how long it has been since he threw me in here. There is no window. There is only a bulb that hasn't been switched off since.

"Keira!" I hurried to the door.

"Margarit?"

"Thank goodness! The guards will be back soon! I don't have the keys! What do I do?"