Chapter 56: Farewell...

Nick's POV
"You were right." Katya spoke in a serious tone. "Nick, you were right. Mancini wants Kei. They were together in Fiji."

My worst fear is confirmed. I can't stomach the idea of them together.

"And how does Kei feel... about him?"

I'm on the lookout for her. I came straight from New York. She has a doctor's appointment and I really wanted to be here for it. I left New York at 10pm and ten hours later I'm still awake. I'm tired. Not even espresso has woken me up.

"She's considering it."

I squeezed the bridge of my nose. It seems the only way to end them is to tell Kei the truth about who I am. If i do, I can expose Mancini. "She does not know who he is. I think it's time I talk to her so that she knows he is not an option."

"Telling her about the mafia will be a deal breaker for Kei. Are you sure you want to do that? It will be the end of you two."

"What if it's not? You told her about the mob and you're still besties."

"That's different. I don't have babies with her."

"She already quit on us. I have nothing else left to lose."

I can see her getting off the elevator. She's looking for me.

"Your kids?"

I sighed audibly. "I'll deal with that later. First things first, Mancini has to go."

"What of I tell her about Mancini? She already knows about my secrets. I'll tell her and that way you don't come up."

"Mancini will find a way to expose me. One way or another this secret will come out. I won't delay the inevitable anymore. Gotta go. She's here. Later Katya."

"Later." She hanged up just as Kei reached me.

She's big!

I never got to see her pregnant before. This is the first time.

"Hey." I wanted to kiss her but she turned, giving me her cheek instead. Without saying q word she walked past me. "Bad morning?"

Julio chuckled. "She was fine a moment ago. Maybe the pregnancy doesn't like you."

Or maybe it's payback for the cold shoulder I've been giving her. Or is it Mancini? I hate the guessing game but I'm not about to start fighting with a pregnant woman. I won't win. If I do I'll just be the jerk who bullied a pregnant woman.

"I can't wait for her to give birth already."

Julio laughed softly. "I'll wait here."

He remained with the rest of the security as I followed Kei into the room. She's already settled and making small talk with the doctor.

"Good afternoon." The doctor beamed at me. "You must be Marcelle's father! The resemblance is uncanny!"

"So I hear."

"Are you excited about the new set of twins?"

"Yes I am. Kei tells me they are girls."

"Yes that's what I believe. Sometimes they can surprise us. Why don't we get started?"

She settled into the bed and the doctor began examining her. Kei is evasive. She's not even making eye contact even when I'm burning holes into the side of her head. When I look at her I'm reminded of how badly I fell for her at the first sight. I don't fault Sinclair or Mancini for falling for her. She's something worth having. I have wasted the last couple of months and now it seems it's me or Mancini.