Chapter 11: Fight Another Day

Keira's POV
"You really know how to pick 'em Kei." Lorraine sighed. "I left you alone for four years and you managed to get arrested for murder, married a mad man and now you're hiding Nick's children."

"It's exactly like you've said. You left me alone for four years. Where did you go?"

We are lying side by side holding hands. With Helena keeping the twins overnight, I decided against going back home empty handed. Lorraine decided to stay with me. We booked a room and we have much to talk about.

"Damn it!" She sighed. "I'll answer that, I promise. First of all tell me how the hell you got tangled up with Theo Sinclair."

I laughed softly. It's really no laughing matter but I can't cry about it. I may as well just laugh it off.

"He wasn't always bad."

"Men are fantastic actors."

"Who hurt you again?"

"No one in particular. Go on."

"It started when he saved me from drowning. I could have died if it wasn't for him. Nick was really pissed about it."

"Theo saving you or you being grateful Theo saved you?"

"Me being grateful. He didn't think I was okay so he kept checking on me. Remember all the bruises I used to have? Theo thought that Nick did it."

"Forgive me for not having any sympathy for both men. If you ask me, I would rather they kill each other off."

"Lorraine!" I squeezed her hand.

"Carry on."

"I missed your mean streak."

"I know pretty. You can't exist without me. I'm your ultra ego."

"When Margaux turned to the press, that is when it got ugly. Theo was there to save me from my disgrace. He was there after ai got arrested for murder. By the way Nick dumped me in jail."

"And you let him?"

"What could I have done?"

"If I were you, I would have killed him so that I'm really convicted."

"Why are you so dark?"

"It's second nature. Go on. Did Sinclair save the day?"

"He got me the best lawyer. He was really there for me. Even when I had to bury my whole family, Theo was there. Nick wasn't. Ye only showed up to accuse me if being a gold digger."

"When did you know you were pregnant?'

"I think from the time I was arrested. Nick was already drinking like there's no tomorrow. I really wanted to tell him about the pregnancy but I couldn't count on him. He was not fit for it. Theo was willing and I badly wanted to start over."

"Do you signed a contract with the devil."

"Like I said, he wasn't always like this."

"Of course not." Lorraine narrowed her eyes at me. "It's gradual Kei. Jason didn't start rough. Nick didn't start possessive and Theo... well his madness cannot be explained by one word but I can tell you how it ends. He is the kind of man who would rather kill you than give you up."

I sat up slowly. I pulled my hand free from hers.

"Why would he save my life only to end up killing me?" I asked.

It's not far fetched if a man is violent. In the case of Jason, I did end up in a carpet. He was going to get rid of me. But Theo? No. How can he?

She sat up as well. "You don't know Theo."