Chapter 41: Leen's Leverage Part 1

Coleen's POV
Daddy's little girl.

That is what Katya was implying when we argued. She thinks I'm the sheltered daughter of a billionaire.

She's right. In a way, daddy has sheltered me from a lot. To start with, scandals. He is adamant that the Harringtons will never be caught in a scandal. He makes things go away like they never even happened.

Unlike Cole, I wasn't good. I was caught one too many times in the sort of situations that would have blackmailed thousands of dollars from Francis Michael Harrington. I was in the back of a police car more times than I can remember. DUIs, being caught with weed, possible expulsions that suddenly disappeared and a laundry list of other things dady has made go away.

I was reprimanded fiercely for every offense but he always kissed and hugged me after. He always called me his little girl and assured me no one will ever hurt me and get away with it.

I'm a little ambivalent about what I'm about to do. I promised Kei I would help with Theo. But the thing is, I'm liking Theo more and more each day. I don't want to hurt him and at the same time, I want to help Kei. One of them has to be sacrificed and it cannot be my new best friend.

Daddy has been spending a lot of time in London. He likes to joke that he is only next door from me. He is avoiding my mom. I don't know why and I won't ask. If he wants to talk about it, he will tell me.

"Knock knock."

"Whose there?" He called with his eyes glued to his computer.

"Leen."

"Leen who?"

"Your favorite Leen." I chuckled at the same time he did. "Can I come in?"

He smiled at me. "Of course dear."

I happily walked over to him and sat on his lap. "Never too old for this, right?"

"Who says you are? Point them out."

"I want you to do something for me." I told him. "It's... it goes against your rules of no scandals."

"What did you do dear? How messy is it?"

"It's not what I did. It's what I want to do."

"I'm listening. No promises though."

"So you remember the bruises on my face?"

"Aha." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Theo did that to me."

"What?"

"I found him in my apartment. We got into a confrontation and he hit me repeatedly. He threatened to hurt me if I ever tell anyone." I turned on the tears, something I rarely do in front of daddy. My rears seem to trigger a sudden madness in him. "I'm so sorry that I was to fragile to defend myself... I just didn't expect it... I'm so embarrassed daddy."

"Theo Sinclair hit you."

"Yes." He wiped away my tears.

"What do you want me to do princess?"

Katya should see me now. She will break into applause and remind me that I am the pampered daughter of a billionaire.

"I want you to back me up. Theo is a man with resources and I want to go public with this."

"Why? It's scandalous."

"Exactly. I want everyone to know what he is like!"

"Why now Coleen? This happened weeks ago. Why now?"

"He is destroying Kei. I want to destroy him. I need you to back me. You oniw people in high places who can make this a thing that Theo cannot bury. Daddy please."