Chapter 62: Keira & The Godfather Part 1

Mancini's POV
I was a little surprised when Marianna called and asked that we meet. She said she wants to talk. Since I'm in Florence for business, I agreed.

Giovanni's death is still on my mind. After I heard about it, I came here to see him. I went to the morgue. It was the only place I could be alone with him, the only time I could really tell him how I felt about him.

I loved him. I was too stubborn to show it but I loved him.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" She arrived with the biggest smile in her face. She looks beautiful. Today she is in a tight white dress and a wife brimmed hat. She's beautiful.

I stood up to give her a kiss on both of her cheeks. "Salve Marianna."

"Salve." She sat down.

I sat after her. "Forgive me for getting to the point but why did you want to meet?"

She's gazing at me with a smile on her face. "I just wanted to... to get an excuse to stare at you up close." She extended her hand across the table, opening her palm to me.

I stared at it for a few seconds before I placed my hand on hers. She wrapped her fingers around me. "Little brother."

"Yes?" I answered.

She laughed nervously. "Why didn't Gio tell me about you sooner? I wish I met you sooner."

"He was probably embarrassed of me."

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? Who would be ashamed of you? I would show you off like a trophy!"

"A trophy for infidelity? You do know I'm the product of infidelity."

"Romano, who gives a fuck? You are here and anyone who has a problem about how you got here should go jump off a cliff."

She put a smile on my face.

I drew my hand away. "What do you want to talk about?"

"A lot. I have so much to talk about but the most pressing issue is Keira. Per favore, what is going on there?"

I scoffed softly. "That's my business."

"No Romano. It's mine too. She is having my son's babies and he loves her. I want to understand what is going on between you two."

"I love her."

"Love?"

"Yes. Love."

"I understand why but why? Why her? Why someone you can't have?"

"Is this really how you want to start our relationship? I'm disagreements? Because I can be just as difficult as you are."

"You don't know how long I can argue." She challenged me and held up her finger to answer a call. "Lupe, what is it? What? What! Dio! Where is she now? Si. Si. Grazie."

"What's wrong?"

"Keira is bleeding. Julio has driven her to hospital. I have to go."

"I'll come with you." I offered.

When we got outside, I opened the door to my Ferrari and followed her. She drives like a crazy person. I can't help but laugh at her petty road rage. Her head is constantly outside the window as she points, suffers near missed and hoots. I like her very much.

The hospital isn't far.

Once we arrived, she ran inside without looking back. As I was parking my car, I spotted something odd. A devastatingly beautiful woman in a very old car.

"Keira?"

Without a second to waste, I followed her.

Keira's POV
Nick and Nathan are going to Greece. Helena has taken ill. After losing him ne grandparent, he's scared of losing another.