Chapter 32: Who Is Your Bestie?

Keira's POV
He never talked about Cape Town.

Four years together and this is one place that never slipped. There is no proof that it even exists. We just don't know where to start. Mr Harrington has only been there once. He does not remember where it is exactly. We can't go turning the whole city upside down looking for Theo. If we make it obvious that we are looking for him, he will disappear with the children.

My mind is at the brink of madness. It feels like I'm a second away from losing my sanity. Nick isn't making it any easier. After waking up to him shouting at me, he has been absent. I think the only thing he's thinking of is the twins. I don't feel the love he says he feels for me. I just feel rage.

"Thanks. You can go now." I addressed the two women who have been bickering all the way here.

Three years ago, I bought this house secretly. Theo doesn't know about it. I needed an exit plan. The sad part is that my children are not with me.

"What?" They asked at the same time.

Lorraine and Coleen seemed to get along when we went out to the club. Now they look like they will claw each other's eyes out.

"I'm fine. You can go."

"And leave you alone?" Coleen asked me..

"I'm staying." They both spoke at the same time.

"I should stay. I'm her best friend." Leen spoke confidently.

I don't know when we became best friends but she's taking it seriously enough to tell Lorraine to back off.

Lorraine scoffed dryly. "In your dreams. You can go. I'm staying. I have known her longer."

"I'm the one who saved her. She called me, not you."

"Stop it!" I intervened. "You are both my best friends. You can both stay as long as you stop arguing!"

They stopped and for a moment, sweet silence. I sat down on an armchair. I still feel very weak. Leaving the hospital was against the doctor's wishes. They would have preferred to keep me a little longer.

"Lorraine, I need your help. Leen, can you excuse us?"

"Why? I'm your best friend too, right? Shouldn't I know everything?"

"It depends on whether you will tell Nick." I told her.

"Secrets from Nick again? Didn't you learn anything?"

"Will you tell Nick or not?" Lorraine questioned her.

"I won't. I swear it on..." She scratched her head. "I won't tell him. I promise."

"Theo is in Cape Town."

"South Africa?"

"How many Cape Towns do you know blondie?" Lorraine teased her.

"If you're implying I'm shallow, you're wrong."

"No arguing or you both leave. I don't need any more drama in my life! Yes! Theo is in Cape Town and I believe he has the children there as well."

"Then let's go get them!" Leen shrugged.

"If it was that easy, I would be there already. I don't know where in Cape Town he could be."

"The more reason to get Nick involved."

"You are really team Nick aren't you?" Lorraine questioned her.

"It's not about teams. Theo needs an ass whooping. Send Nick to deliver it."

"I'm thinking about my children. They will get mixed up in this and I don't want them to get hurt. That is why I won't being Nick into this. Lorraine, can you help me?"