Chapter 50: The Stranger From Long Ago

Keira's POV
The house is as empty as my soul feels.

Katya and Terrence left for a short vacation. She said she is taking him to Disney World but that was for Terrence. I think there's more to their absence.

The twins left for New York a few days ago. Julio called to inform me they arrived. Nick hasn't called to say anything. How will we co-parent if we don't even talk? I talked to Marianna about it and she told me Nick can be such a child! She advised me to let his flames burn out by not adding any fuel to it. She told me to be silent and that it will work itself out.

In the meantime, I have other things to think about, like how my clothes are starting not to fit. I can't seem to zip them up let alone sit comfortably. Like the first pregnancy, it's the breasts. The difference though is how frustrated I feel.

I took a vacation to stop myself from having to live in an empty house. Running away from my reality is more like it. I'll be back in the fall when my babies are back.

Fiji is beautiful. I travelled a lot when I was with Sinclair. He hates to sit put. He is always on an adventure, like his new one in the Swiss Alps. They say the snow is melting with his presence. A handsome divorced man with billions in his bank accounts can make any woman with shallow ambitions hot all over. I expect nothing but flirting from him. What I didn't count on is Coleen Harrington being part of the picture.

They are being photographed together quite often. It makes it even more upsetting because Leen isn't speaking to me anymore. She's quiet and keeping to herself. Could she be embarrassed about these sightings with Sinclair? I wouldn't be upset if she just tells me the truth. I want Sinclair to find someone who can keep up with his madness.

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked up at a man wearing sunglasses. He flashed a perfect smile at me. I sat up when I realized that I know this man.

"I know you!" I pushed away my sunglass to really look at him. "Where do I know you from?"

He sat down on the lounge chair next to me, the cool breeze blowing past his open linen shirt. He smiled even more brilliantly. "You had a shovel the night we met." He pointed out with familiarity. "I fixed the barn door and then we picked up your drunk boyfriend. Is it Katie?"

"No." I laughed. "It's Keira. You are Tom!"

"Right!" He chuckled. "Five years and you look exactly the same!"

"Don't lie to me Tom." I laughed. "I've put on a bit of weight... two children later."

"Still hauntingly beautiful." He is not wearing his wedding ring.

"How is your wife?"

He looked at his hand with sadness in his eyes. "Sometimes things don't work out." He winked at me. "Is your boyfriend around? I don't want trouble."

"He dumped me. I got married. I got divorced. Sometimes things don't work out." He smiled fleetingly at my momentary sadness. "It's nice to see you Tom. The seat is not taken."

I lay back down, enjoying the last of the evening sun with my sunglasses covering the sadness in my eyes.

"I'm having dinner for one. Do you mind being my company?" He asked me.

Immediate answer is no, because I'm waiting for Nick. Katya would probably smack me and tell me to take the opportunity to move on. I also would like not to think of Nick for one night in my life. Why not tonight?

"That sounds great. I'll be happy to join you."

"Wonderful."

He lay down too and looked up at the sky.