Chapter 19: I Love Her That Much

Nick's POV
Everything is in order.

Kei already flew to Paris. She doesn't know I'm going to be there. I didn't want to give her a reason to rethink anything. We talked during high tea, in between kisses, we shared words. Now I want more than that. I want to remind her that before Theo Sinclair came into our lives, we were happy together.

Athena placed a pack of condoms on the table. "You can't get her pregnant. She's still someone's wife." Her tone is firm.

"Thank you... I already packed those."

"You are doing this."

I looked at my packed bag. "I'm doing this."

"You know that once thisnis out, there's no going back. You would have started an affair with a married woman again, the same married woman."

"Athena, I have thought about it and I have gone over all the outcomes and I'm ready to see it through. This time, it doesn't end until she is my wife."

I packed the extra protection. I zipped up the bag. Before I leave, there's one thing I need to do. Talk to Maddie.

Before I could move from the spot, I heard Maddie's footsteps. I noticed her frown when she took note of the bag at my feet.

"Where are you going?"

"Come here piccola. I need to talk to you." I took a seat on the dining chair and brought her to sit on my lap. "I'm going to Paris for a few days."

"Why? Why are you leaving me?"

I told myself I will never raised daughters with daddy issues but I'm already failing with the first one. Separation frustrates Maddie. Even when I'm late from work, I find her waiting for me. She thinks that every time I leave, I may not come back. While I understand where she comes from, it is difficult to leave her behind even for a few hours. She gets anxious.

"Piccola, I'm not leaving you. Daddy is just traveling for four days. I'll be back on Tuesday morning."

"Can I come with you?"

"No."

If she sees me with Kei things will get out of control. I want a personal life and I also want a good relationship with my daughter. How these two things will work is what I'm not certain about.

"Why not?"

"Because it's a work thing." Total lie! She can't handle the truth! "And I can't take you with me."

"I'll be good. You won't even know I'm there. Daddy please don't leave me."

"Madeline, I'll be back in four days-

"No!" She screamed at me and pushed me away only to run off. The next thing I heard was the door slum shut.

"Go. I'll deal with her."

"How the hell is this going to work Athena?"

"She's a child with a twisted view of who you are as well as Keira. You're the adult. You kniw what is best. Do what is best."

"I'll miss my flight. See you Tuesday morning."

I lost the luxury of private flights. I am not squandering the 40 million Kei paid back on private flights. I'll fly first class. That should be enough.

"Hey it's me. How is the king." I said the last part with a mean scoff.

"Throwing fits." Katya answered.

"When you said Red knight, did you mean Red?"

"Yes that Red."

"Be careful. She's dangerous."