1.9

TIMESKIP 1 YEAR

"Study for your unit test tomorrow! No other homework."

Tenth and eleventh graders all flooded out of the teacher's classroom, some staying back for lunch while others rushed to go to the cafeteria.

"Kwon-Ssaem! Can we come back inside after we get lunch?"

"Yes of course, my room's open."

"Thank you!"

Eunbi tidied up her desk, getting ready for her next period before she stood up.

She glanced over as some of her students looked at her, "you guys can stay in here, I'm just going to the bathroom."

The group continued on whatever they were talking about as the woman left with her keys, walking down the outside hall to the closest staff restroom.

As she headed out and walked back to her classroom, she noticed a girl sitting against the wall, eating the last of her sandwich alone before leaning her head against the wall.

'That girl's sitting alone again?'

She walked over, slowing down as she approached the lean girl.

"Excuse me?"

The girl jumped, and Eunbi raised her hands slightly, "sorry to startle you."

"O-oh uh- it's okay."

"Are you alright?"

Dark eye bags seemed like they were starting to form under the girl's eyes, a permanent frown evident alongside her dullen eyes.

"Yes, I am."

Eunbi glanced around, "it's really hot outside, do you have anywhere else to stay for lunch?"

"No..."

"My room's open for students since it's hot, do you want to come in?"

The girl stared at the teacher, "is that... okay?"

Eunbi gently smiled, "of course it is."

The student stood up, Eunbi trying to mask her surprise from how tall the girl was.

"What's your name?"

The two began walking to her classroom.

"Wonyoung."

"Nice to meet you Wonyoung, you can call me Kwon-seonsaengnim or Kwon-ssaem, or anything else, I don't mind."

The two entered her classroom, the group of students from before glancing up... and also standing up after seeing who came in with Eunbi.

"Ah- sorry Kwon-ssaem, we forgot that we had test corrections in another class."

"Oh? All of you?"

As all of them nodded, Eunbi waved them away, "it's alright, make sure to drink a lot of water."

"Nae!"

"See you tomorrow seonsaengnim~"

It was obvious that all of them did not have the same class, but she couldn't just say "no" to them, it was their lunch break.

But as Wonyoung sat down at an empty desk near hers and the group of students left, Eunbi overheard them talk to someone who was supposedly going to her classroom after getting lunch.

"Hey don't go in there, Wonyoung's there."

"Oh shit for real?"

"Yeah man, don't know why."