3.1

TIMESKIP 2 YEARS

"Welcome!"

"Thank you!"

A Japanese greeted the customer, glancing over after seeing Chaeyeon from the corner of her eye.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Chaeyeon took apart the empty cardboard box she held so she could stack them easily, grabbing a full box with supplies to restock the store.

"Need any help?"

"Nah it's okay, this is the last box, thanks though Kkura-chan."

Sakura nodded, smiling as a customer came to the cash register.

The older woman had been offered a job at the Lee's convenience store, seeing as though she was close with the whole family. And well, she took the offer, seeing as though she couldn't work anywhere else except virtually as a game streamer.

"Thank you, come again."

Sakura wiped the cashier counter seeing as there were no more customers, her phone buzzing in her pocket alerting her.

'Huh? I thought I was on 'do not disturb'... Is it Oka-san?'

She looked at her phone, it was her mother, and what she sent her made her eyes perk up in interest.

"What's up Kkura-chan?"

"I don't know, my mom just sent me this news article."

The two read it together, Sakura's eyes widening at what she read.

"Is that..."

"My dad..."

'The police found him again huh...'

"Finally..."

"How are you feeling?"

Sakura gave a small chuckle, "relieved I suppose... I might have it easier now alongside my mom with him back in jail."

Chaeyeon squeezed the older woman's shoulder, "as long as you're safe and happy."

Sakura let out a bigger laugh, ruffling Chaeyeon's hair, "which I am, with you."

The Korean woman flustered, "with me?"

"With you."

"..."

"And your family too."

...

...

...

The two bursted into giggles, the younger woman still a bit red from the gamer's boldness.

"Are you two working or flirting?"

The duo jumped as one of Chaeyeon's sisters walked in from the front.

"Bruh we-"

"A little bit of both?"

Chaeryeong barked a laugh as Chaeyeon blushed a deeper red, and Sakura chuckled alongside her.

"When there are no customers, of course."

Chaeyeon shook her head, "it's time to close the store."

"Got it."

"Nae unnie~"

Chaeyeon was in charge of cleaning the cashier counter as Sakura and Chaeryeong went ahead to make sure everything was tidy, the older woman glancing over at the girl when she snickered.