2.15

"There's been something I was wondering since I met you."

Hyewon glanced over, watching as the woman who invited her to dinner to talk washed the dishes.

"What?"

Eunbi dried her hands, turning around to face the younger woman.

"You don't show a lot of emotions, do you."

That made Hyewon flinch.

"Whenever we talk, whether it's about you or Wonyoung, you don't show anything."

Eunbi tilted her head, "even that day when you saw me with Wonyoung and Yujin, you didn't outwardly show any worry, but I'm going to guess that you knew what happened."

"What's it to you?"

The older woman shrugged as she walked up to Hyewon, who waited outside the kitchen.

"I might not be a therapist but I can listen."

"Why?"

"Well I've gotten to know you in the process of trying to help Wonyoung..."

"Yeah thanks for helping my cousin but she's not me?"

Eunbi shrugged again as she leaned against the wall, "you seem to be a bit more open with me than anyone else, not that it's a bad thing."

"So you're saying we're friends."

"I think so, yes, but it's also what you think."

Hyewon looked away, "yeah sure."

"Do you have many friends?"

"Besides Wonyoung? Two now I guess."

"Who's the other one?"

Hyewon shrugged, "this girl from my college, I barely hang out with her outside of class though."

"Are you two close?"

"..."

"Hyewon?"

"I guess, sure. We know a lot about each other if that's what you mean."

Hyewon scratched her head, "she's this really peppy happy girl, always smiling, but I could tell she was going through stuff too... She seems better lately though."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Are you happy?"

...

...

...

"Sure."

"'Sure'?"

"Sure."

...

...

"If you want me to smile, I'm not smiling."

"I never asked you to smile."

Eunbi focused on Hyewon's eyes as she continued, "you want me to be all giddy and laughing and all that shit?"

A thought traveled through her mind from Hyewon's subtly raised tone.

"No."

"Then what do you want?"

"..."

"What do you want from me??"

"I don't want anything from you, I want to help y-"

"Bullshit!"

Hyewon made a slightly jerky gesture with her hands, "everyone said that but soon enough they all said it's my fault. So why should I believe you?"