2.9

TIMESKIP 4 MONTHS

"Jeong, Yoon-oh."

A teacher on one of the sides of the stage called out the graduating high school student's name, the teacher on the other side glancing down at the stage steps to see a familiar student.

Eunbi smiled, she'd be honored to speak the student's name for her graduation.

Although, the smile didn't last long. The older woman had noticed how thin the high school senior had been getting these past couple of years she had known the girl, and it didn't take much of a look to see the deep eyebags and exhaustion the girl held in her blank expression.

The student glanced up as she walked up the stairs, giving Eunbi a small smile as she handed her the small index card with her name on it.

"Jang, Wonyoung."

Eunbi covered the mic right after, leaning further from it.

"Congrats Wonyoung-ah, I'm proud of you."

The tall bunny startled from her statement, giving a shy smile and a small bow before quickly getting her diploma.

As Eunbi waited for the next name she had to call, she gazed up at the large screen that showed the graduating class taking a picture with the headmaster one at a time.

Wonyoung held a weak smile, her eyes showing nothing but an empty abyss.

And as she walked off the stage, the graduation continued on.

~ ~ ~

...

...

...

Minju scrolled up to refresh her Instagram again, bored out of her mind since there was no school, and work started later in the day for her.

Her eyes flickered to the top of the screen, a red dot on a heart signifying that she had a new notification.

zo_glasss liked your story.

"Huh..."

"What's up?"

Minju glanced over to see Nako walk in from the kitchen, "Yuri liked my story."

"With you saying happy birthday to your mom?"

"Mhm."

"Hasn't she been liking your stuff whenever you post?"

"Yeah, she has."

Nako sat down on the couch next to her, "do you not want her to?"

Minju shrugged, "I don't really care, it's not like she's asking questions or becoming a messenger."

'That'd suck... to be a messenger.'

...

'She was pretty nice too...'

"How's she doing? You still talk to her right?"

Nako raised an eyebrow, "why don't you ask her yourself?"

"I... well... I don't know... Yuri's her sister."

The younger girl sighed, "she's doing good, happier, actually."

"Oh?"

Nako nodded, "she also started talking again."

Minju was taken by surprise, and she met Nako's eyes, "wait really?"

"Mhm, she started talking like six months ago. She's not 'talkative', but she's slowly getting her voice back."

"Huh..."

Minju remembered seeing Yuri for the first time in high school, she always wondered why the girl didn't talk, and when she found out...

She remembered how sad she felt for the younger girl.

The frog chuckled, "well I'm happy for her."

"Yeah, me too..."

...

...

...

"You're free right?"

"Yeah, and hella bored."

"What about your darling 'Hii-chan'?"

Nako rolled her eyes, turning away with slightly tinted cheeks, "she's busy, she's with her family today."

"Wanna do something?"

"Please, I feel like it's hotter since I'm doing nothing too."

"Let's go."

"Where?"

Minju shrugged as she got off the couch, "dunno, we'll see."

Nako followed the older girl, "I'll look places up while you drive."