1.12

TIMESKIP 2 WEEKS

A/N: Italics plus bolded words are what Yuri says when communicating non-verbally.

A hamster-like girl ruffled her hair back as she yawned, shuffling out of her bedroom to hear her mother and sister talking outside.

'Unnie's up this early? I'm usually earlier than her...'

"Why are you going so early?"

"I need to talk to my counselor, bye Eomma~"

As Yuri walked into the kitchen, Chaewon was already ready to leave for school, bag in hand.

Their mother glanced over, "good morning, Yuri."

Yuri gave a smile, startling as Chaewon suddenly hugged her before going to put on her shoes... Almost falling once in the process.

"See you at school Yuri! Walk with Hitomi okay?"

Both their mother and Yuri stared with opened mouths as Chaewon practically skipped out the door.

'What... the hell???'

Yuri and her mother glanced at each other at the same time, both in shock.

"Did something good happen to her at school?"

Yuri shrugged, both of them taking a moment to process a joyful Chaewon at seven in the morning on a Monday.

...

Or a Chaewon that joyful in general.

Her mother sipped her coffee as Yuri ate her breakfast, until the girl suddenly stopped. She grabbed the pen and notepad Chaewon and their mother left on the table for her to "talk", scribbling something down after remembering something.

...

...

"So she's that giddy because of a girl she met a couple weeks ago?"

I think so

"Is she any different at school?"

Shes laughing more, shes really touchy with her too

"Chaewon is?"

Yuri nodded.

"Is the other girl okay with that?"

She seems to be ok with it

'She seems to like it too...'

"Are you okay with that?"

Its weird sometimes, seeing unnie like that

But she seems really happy

Yuri gave a shrug as her mother read what she wrote.

"I suppose you're right... Is Hitomi okay with it? I know those two are really close as well..."

She sometimes looks annoyed because theyre like that in front of us but shes happy that unnies happy too

"Gah she does it in front of you two???"

Yeah

Also I think Hitomi unnie likes one of them

"One of who?"

The girl unnies close with is close with someone from Japan, I think she likes her

"Oh?"

Her mother raised an eyebrow, "and what about you?"

Yuri shrugged.