2.2 [M][TW]

[M][TW] - Self-harm // Attempted Suicide

...

...

...

A girl slipped into the filled bathtub, the warm water creating a little bit of a sting to her bare forearms.

'Huh... It hurts.'

A hint of blood drifted from her arms into the water, not enough to taint the water, but enough for the girl's dull eyes to follow.

She sat still in the silence, the quick flash of discomfort in her arms gone as soon as it came.

...

...

...

And then she let herself fully submerge under the water, long hair drifting up as she kept her head under.

...

...

...

Her head began to pound, but she refused to go back up.

...

...

...

The girl's eyes shot open, and she was forced out of the water without her permission by her own body trying to survive.

She breathed heavily as a headache started to form, her heart pounding, trying to regain the lost oxygen back to circulation.

"Damn it..."

Her own body still had the natural instinct to stay alive.

The girl pushed her hair back away from her face, moving her hands back to cover her features as she tried to regulate her breathing.

Water dripped and rippled across the surface from her wet hair, and her hands fell back into the water as she sighed.

"Wonyoung?"

The girl jumped, facing the closed and locked bathroom door, "y-yes Eomma?"

"What are you doing in there?"

"I'm taking a bath."

"Dinner's ready."

"I'll be out in a bit!"

With the silence that followed, the high school junior sighed once more, quickly washing herself up.

Back in her room, Wonyoung pulled on a long-sleeved shirt, fixing her hair before heading out to greet her parents in the dining room.

Her father barely bat an eye while her mother spoke, "Wonyoung, it's almost summer and you're wearing that?"

The girl in the thin sweater and sweats shrugged as she sat down.

"It's cold. Sorry I'm late."

The family of three began to eat in silence... Or at least, Wonyoung did.

Her parents spoke about finances and their work, things that spared Wonyoung minimal interest as she slowly ate her food.

She stopped wondering if her parents still talked about their own love life long ago.

And although their daughter sat with empty eyes and a thinning figure, they never stopped to ask what was wrong.

Wonyoung stared at her barely eaten plate, the hand that held her chopsticks subtly trembling. The sight of the food sickened her.

Only when she stood up, did her parents look at her.

"Thank you for the food."

"Wonyoung you barely ate anything."