[31] welcome to hilltop pt.2

WELCOME TO HILLTOP PT.2
———

"WE WANT TO GENERATE TRADE, Gregory does. But ammo isn't something we urgently need." Jesus states to the group surrounding him. "The wall's hold. We just brought in more medicine. Gregory want the best deal possible."

Maggie and Louis went in and spoke to Gregory, only to come out feeing less hopefully then they did going in. Gregory insulted them, not out right but there was an underlining to his tone and his misogynistic comments that they had to let slide under the rug if they wanted help. But, even after all that, Gregory made them an offer they couldn't accept. When they proposed something new, Gregory declined them, turned them away and closed the door in their face.

So, now they all stood here, looking a bit defeated as Jesus tried to tell them that it was just a little hiccup in the road.

"Yeah, well, we want things too." Daryl grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest.

Rory speaks up, "What else can we offer?"

"Not much." Glenn shakes his head, knowing they had little to offer a community that is thriving comparing to them.

Maeve sighs, hating that their people have to sit here and try to figure out how they are going to survive. Without Hilltop's help, they don't have much longer before the bad gets worse.

"Just let me go in, I'll talk to him." Maeve took a step towards the door, although in her mind she wasn't planning on doing much talking to him—but she didn't get much further than a foot when Abraham put his hand out in front of her. Stopping her in her tracks.

"We want this man alive, blondie. So best you stay out of a ten mile radius." Abraham says to her, a few people agreeing with him as she huffs back down to sit in her spot.

Maeve crosses her arms and looks up at Jesus, she may not be able to persuade Gregory into helping that, but somethings are more effective then persuasion. "We're not going back empty handed, understand me?"

Jesus looks at Rick, who doesn't deny what his blonde companion is suggesting. This worries Jesus a little, making him feel a bit more pressure than before.

"I will talk to him and we will work things out." Jesus says, now turning to Maeve as he asks the most impatient person here, "Can you give me a few days?"

Maeve looked to her left at Rick, who looked at her right back. She raised her brows—suspicious and unsure, could a few days really change that old man's mind? Rick thought the same thing, his brows narrowed—and that's how they communicated. They knew what would need to be done, but before either of them could speak up, Michonne did it for them, "We can."

Maeve doesn't disagree with Michonne, although she thought a few days to too generous she knew it best to keep it to herself, especially when it's Michonne—who honestly scares Maeve a little bit, not that it was a bad thing.

Jesus nods, appreciating the time he has been given. He wanted things to work out for them, he wanted things to help them.

Just then, a man comes rushing in through the front doors. Throwing them open with a loud bang, catching everyone's attention. Everyone stood up, and Gregory decided to come out of hiding and step into the room.

"What's wrong?" Gregory asks them.

The man breathes out, "They're back."