Chapter 35: A Memorable Date - Part 2

The two returned to the section of the cliff.

"Look."

"Wow," watching the bright constellations of the Zodiac invade the sky, invoking celebratory cheers.

"Around these months, the astral planes of the constellations unleash their light to thank the citizens of Terra Trologyast for keeping their spirits and efforts alive and well."

"It's a beautiful site. I wish all of the continents could see it."

"Oh they can, TT's not entirely as large as the main planet, remember?"

"Huh, what do you mean?"

"I never told you?" She pulled out her phone, showing them a map that was just like Earth, except there was a massive chunk of land missing from almost every continent.

Next to it was another map showing the kingdoms and continents, all one large mass collected and above the planet.

"Terra Trologyast is a mere fraction of Earth? Why, what happened?"

"To make a longer story short, the Voids were always a constant threat. But around the 1500s, a large plague of negative energy exploded across the planet. Slavery, migration, organizations, governments were all forced to fight one another to survive and figure out what was going on."

"They combined StellArts to create a floating alternative?"

"Took a lot of work too. Above the sky, the plague couldn't reach, so those not affected used the Continuum Arts on each continent to bring those who could use magic to fight or resist the effects, and tried to model the seven kingdoms with mixed results."

"So like the cultures from most of the countries ended up mixing? Cuz Xia's a Chinese name but Hinata's Japanese, right?"

"Wow, so they aren't lost the dimension you ended up in?"

He shook his head, dragging his fingers along the map. "That's why everything feels so blended in! Tellus is Europe, Fenghuang Saiban's Asia, Shugoda Metropolis is like America, I guess that makes Coastrosity a hybrid of South America and Antarctica given the climate?"

Calypsa nodded as he explained each one's aspects. "Well Coalition's that's not cold."

"Then I guess that makes Umbra Sanctuary, Africa?"

"If the shoe fits. Funny too, the textbooks have been erased but in the ones at your castles, apparently Shugoda and Umbra traded and started assisting in combining nature and technology. Tellus used that to start developing medicines against the Voids, with Coastrosity applying to their food, and Fenghuang had the infrastructure to develop it all."

The wow from his mouth said it all. "When everything was at an all time low, the world came together against an extraordinary threat! That's awesome! But why can't we stop them now?"

"The essence of the Voids can be removed, but the stronger their influence, the harder it is to separate them from their host without causing fatal injuries. We would need all eighty-eight StellArts, including the one that can safely remove the essence to have a means to save every individual."

"I'm guessing one is so rare, only certain people have it?"

"And for a while, there's only been one family who's passed it down. But someone...or something's been trying to wipe them out. For now, there may only be one person here that can help us."

"Who?"

She checked her phone. "Quick, there's something important I need to tell you, before tonight ends."

"What is it?"

"Just promise that'll you trust me even when you think you shouldn't."

"Sure," willing to crack that tension in her voice.

The words in her mouth took his breath away. He dashed to comfort her body, and two exchanged promises as her hair flew and shaped around his skin. After a few minutes, he blinked.

"Sorry, what were we talking about?"

"Oh, you were asking me about why we haven't beaten the Voids yet."

"Right," yawning. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you for a while."

"Yes, I'm still a virgin," laughing.

He groaned. "I don't care as long as some douche didn't force you. The guy who you tied up and threw down the river when you were younger....and stripped naked. You were bullied too? Or were one?"

"Well, after you disappeared, the heirs and I separated for a bit and I went to Rigal's school. I was still shaken up by the accident, and this guy he was close with would do everything cruel to the girls."

"He started targeting you."

"And I would fight back. We'd go back and forth, and my idiot brain started thinking he was cute. So one day, he invited me to sneak into the school early for seven minutes."

"He didn't show?"

"He blindfolded me and made me swap lips with another guy he tricked into getting with his crush. I was about to blow the guy too, when I noticed camera lights flashing."

Sehki gulped. "My god, you okay? He didn't-"

"No. But I was so pissed off, I learned as many Earth spells as I could, and convinced him to come. I tied up his friends lurking around, knocked him unconscious, tied him to the tree, and watched his friends try to stop him from falling to the dam." The veins on her hands grew more visible.

She took a deep breath. "I can't have the Voids feed off my negative energy. But I can't stand anyone who messes with my love. There's not many people I can share my true feelings with."

He reached for her hands, caressing her dark skin. "You didn't deserve that. And if that number is small, you can add me too. We're friends, aren't we?"

Her fingers softened into his as she grinned. "I never removed you," as a tear dropped down her face. "I never want to."

He wiped off her tears. "Until I leave, I'll always listen to you."

She sniffed, melting the pain away with a smile like the beaming moonlight reflecting over on them.

"Um," nervous. "Do you feel like it?"

She nodded. "So when you mess up, I can add it to the list of skills I taught you."

He sucked his teeth when she told him to follow her lead, not to open his mouth too wide.

Both of them tilted their heads in the opposite direction, slowly closing their eyes and opening up a small space between their lips as they closed in for one another's gentle taste.

The sound of a shooting star halted from continuing. The two turned, narrowly jumping away from each other to avoid the incoming conclusion.

The dust cleared, unveiling the quartet of heirs all worn torn, with blood hungry wrath raging in their pupils.