Chapter 78: Shadows of Defeat

Sehki's train of thought got interrupted by a group of teens riding hoverboards and running, jumping, sliding over him, either racing above to further carts.

"Wait, actual Subway Surfers? Man this place is awesome when no one's trying to murder you," hearing Rigal's voice was above him. When he turned back, the adolescents either continued at a certain point, then dropped down into space between train cars beneath them or jumped off to high-rise apartments.

He followed the same, slipping into a train cart where the younger side of the patrons had out their phones or watching a hovering holostream before turning to him, earning questions:

"You're fighting Prince Rigal? You're not the dead Prince Sehki? Who was that girlfriend you're talking about?"

"Yes, no, she's awesome. Why does everyone look so pissed?"

"The signals got messed up so we gotta go back around the other way after going under the tunnel."

A wicked grin grew on his face. "Thanks, I'll make it up to you all right now," going intangible up to the train roof, where Rigal landed.

"You think you could run from me in my own city?"

"In my defense, you're the one who blasted me here!"

Rigal charged forward, elbowing his partner, as he aimed for claw swings the heir blocked, fist-pushing him and landing a spinning kick that knocked him back.

Sehki swung a water whip Rigal shattered, diving and jumping to his back that Rigal predicted with a backhead. Taking a page from Lorena, he formed a beak and spat a concentrated blast of water face-first.

As the air heir recovered, he covered both hands, smacking him with a series of blows until Rigal caught both of his hands, twisting them so far he went down to his knees.

"You thought you could step up to an alpha male like me? I am the cream of the crop! Taylor, Ainsley, even Xia, none of them are as dominant as-"

"Don't care," slipping into darkness and diving back into the train cart, waving goodbye as Rigal's entire body slammed into the tunnel the rail line went under.

"Wait, how is this going to help us?"

Sehki looked at their screens, seeing a split screen. "Where's that other video recording from?" One of the older patrons pointed to one of the drones someone used. "Perfect," walking up to it. "Hey Rigal, I know you're listening! I bet you can't stop this train from moving before it reaches the next stop!"

"Is that what you think," hearing and seeing him pull himself off the tunnel wall, racing up the top of the tunnel and exerting enough force to rival the speed of a helicopter, heavily panting when the train got out of the tunnel to burst at the edge of the station.

Rigal channeled the wind from the air around him, his lungs, and his arms, pushing back against the moving force of the vehicle. Sehki used his shadow to hold most of the stumbling riders from the physical shock of someone attempting to hold back a moving train for the half-minute it lasted until the train stopped moving. The doors opened.

"Alright everyone, get home safe," lifting them up with both sets of hands. As they waved goodbye, Rigal gripped the wind to push him out of the cart, completely drained.

"I got you, weird, bat, Victory Rider nerd wearing whatever you are!"

He morphed his whole StellArts into his leg, bringing both of them into the sky. The two wrestled for control as he tried blocking Rigal's wind enhanced swings, knee blocking below the belt kicks, and holding Rigal's legs at bay with the dark arms, forming the remaining in his legs.

"And a Victory Rider always makes a great impact!" His double drop kicked him into the field for an open Shugoda-Fenghuang fight club tournament, only for Rigal to launch a two handed vacuum wave that dispersed his hoverbike creation, flying towards the ground and slipping out of a shadow.

Both picked themselves up, equally tired.

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

"Like I said, just a curious guy who thinks he can beat you."

"You have to be Prince Sehki, don't lie to me!"

He shook his head.

"You and Prince Sehki were friends. I don't think I could be friends with someone like you. Take away your magic, and you're a dark skinned Chris Brown with a dad for a king."

The first line struck his heart, the second, his brain. "What the stars is a Chris Brown?"

He snickered briefly. "Let's say someone with so much potential but wastes it hurts the very same people that love them. Rilis is right, the same person using the Voids she warned you about is the same rumors that happened to Taylor! If you don't act now, you'll be as weak as your podcast!"

Those watching Sehki considered allies nodded in approval, while the live chats seemed way more torn, discussing the rumors of Taylor's becoming a Void, wondering if all the heirs were even strong enough.

Rigal's eyes jerked at all the weak comments, self consuming his own anger.

"Me, weak?" He recalled the last time he had physical training, recoiling from the brusies across his body at the time. "Weak? You have no idea how strong I am!"

Sehki jumped back from the circle of wind fast spreading, conjuring his Shadow Whip to swing and shield himself from the wave, only to face a cloudy fog in front of him

"I'll grant you a death befitting the Alpha of the Sky!"

Sehki gasped when the fog dispersed. Rigal's arms were stretched wide, summoning a storm of projectiles spiraling around him into a massive tornado while the Aquila constellation glowed from his body. He flicked his hands down and they started falling like a meteor shower.

"Aquila, Air Strike Stream!!"

With no time to escape, Sehki rushed straight towards Rigal, hoping to reach him in time, trying to sidestep the raining barrage, slipping into the shadow and launching himself out, lunging mere seconds away from pulling and making him suffer from his own attack.

I win!

The aura of a dragon flew through the stream, shocking everyone watching and present as Sehki was shot down in the back.