3|get a tutor or you can't graduate

|Tori Anderson|

I parked my car in the school parking lot and walked to the school entrance. Another day at Summit Fields High School, oh joy. I hate everything about the school and everybody there. I don't wanna  be stuck here another day. Thank God it's senior year though, because I don't think I can last another year in this dump. I opened the double doors to the school building and was instantly hit with the sight of students everywhere. I sighed as I entered the jungle of students and pushed my way through the crowd.

I finally reached my locker destination after pushing through some people. I entered my locker combination and opened my locker door. I took out my chemistry textbook and closed the locker door. "TORI!" I heard someone call my name in a sing-song voice. I already knew it was my best friend, Hailey.

Hailey and I have been friends since the fourth grade. She has long blonde hair, grey eyes, and pale skin. Whenever I look at her, I think of her mother. She looks exactly like her mother. And sometimes I wish I knew if I looked like either of my parents. I have auburn-brown hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. I always wondered if I picked up any of those features from my parents, but I guess the world will never know...

I turned around and smiled at Hailey. "Hey, Hailey. What's up?" I said as we walked down the hall together, still pushing through the crowded hallway.

Hailey rolled her eyes. "Josh and I broke up." She said.

I frowned at my best friend. "Why?"

"Well, I realized over the past months we've been dating that he's just a piece of scum. And he lies a lot. And he's really dumb. And he doesn't even have muscles. I felt his arms a couple weeks ago; I didn't feel any muscle. Like I wanna date a muscular guy. And I don't wanna date a liar. And I don't wanna date an idiot. So there you have it."

My eyes widened at the explanation she just gave me. "Well alright then..."

Hailey and I walked into home room which is chemistry. That class flew by pretty quickly (thank goodness). The next class was math, which is a class I didn't have with Hailey.

I walked into Mr. Walkers math classroom and sat in my assigned seat which is in the very front of the classroom. After finding out I had dyslexia, Mr. Walkers was told to seat me in the very front of the classroom. That's another thing I hate about this stupid disorder. I have to get pity treatment.

"Alright class! Take your seats!" Mr. Walkers yelled, turning towards the class. "Alright. Everybody turn in your homework now." He ordered the class. My stomach began to churn nervously. Oh no. I didn't do my homework. Mr. Walkers kneeled down in front of me and looked at me. "Tori...do you have your homework?" He asked me only for my ears to hear and not for the entire class to hear.

"N-no sir," I stuttered, nervously. "I'm sorry."

Mr. Walker sighed. "See me after class, Anderson." He sat up and went around the class to collect the homework assignments.

I sighed and buried my head down in my arms. After that, class sped by pretty quickly just like the other class. But when class was over, I had to speak to Mr. Walkers. Everyone stampeded out of the classroom and I walked to Mr. Walkers desk. He put down the pen that he was writing with and turned towards me. I wonder where this is going. "Okay. Tori. I know this is only the beginning of the year, and I know that you're struggling with your dyslexia," I squinted my eyes in pain as I heard him speak that word. "But I know if you don't get your grades up, you will be unable to graduate." He said.

"That's not fair! It's not my fault. I didn't ask for dyslexia." I stated.

"I know and I understand, Tori. Your other teachers and I talked, and we thought it was a good idea for you to have a tutor. A daily tutor." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay. I guess..." Maybe a tutor could be good for me...

"We think that Connor Evans should tutor you. Monday's through Friday's." He said.

My body suddenly froze. What the hell? Connor Evans? Why him? He doesn't know anything about getting good grades. From what I've seen, all he does is smoke, drink, and party. And I even heard that just a couple days ago, he got arrested for breaking into an abandoned mansion. I do not want a reckless, good for nothing, bad boy-maniac hanging around me. He's not worthy enough to tutor me. "Why him?" I asked.

"Believe it or not, Tori, but this kid has straight A's," Ha! That's hard to believe. "His behavior may not be the best, but the teachers and I agree that he's a good kid. He's really smart. He has to tutor you, Tori." He said.

I sighed. I really want to graduate and I do need help. I mean...maybe he- I don't know! "Okay. Fine. Whatever." I said, turning on my heel and walking out of the classroom.

Two words, Why Me?

_

Please vote, comment, keep reading! Love you guys!