28|the beach party

UNEDITED

|Tori Anderson|

Today is Friday which means today is X'avier's stupid beach birthday party. It's only seven o'clock a.m and I'm already dreading about this party.

When I got out of bed, I lazily walked to the bathroom and did all the normal morning stuff; brushed my teeth, washed my face, took a shower, and did my hair.

I walked back to my room and changed into a black and white stripped crop top, black jeans, and a pair of white high top converse. I put my hair in a high ponytail with some stands of hair in the front hanging out.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my room. I was about to walk downstairs before I turned around and stopped in front of X'avier's room. "Happy birthday!" I called out.

"Whatever!" He called back out.

"I take it back!" I called out before I walked down the stairs. I exited the house and got into my car. I was sick of always having yogurt, or a granola bar, or an apple for breakfast. I wanted some real food, so I stopped at Chick-Fil-A and got a chicken biscuit.

I ate it on my way to school which was very hard, and I kept swerving the car while I was trying to eat and people kept honking their horns at me, well I didn't care because the chicken biscuit was good as I don't know what.

When I got to school, I parked my car and got out. I threw my Chick-Fil-A bag in the trash can and entered the schools double doors. I walked down to my locker, passing Connors. Sarah and the other dudes were standing at his lockers. I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation, so I slowed down my pace. "It was so school roller skating in the grocery store yesterday." One of the boys said.

I rolled my eyes. They did that again? "Yeah and then when the store owner tried to chase us all around the store, I almost died laughing." One of the other guys said.

"Yeah, but I'm grounded for a month now. But who cares because it was awesome. Wasn't it Connor?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah." Connor said.

"Oh Connor, I got the perfect thing to officially invite you back in the group." One of the guys said.

"And what is that?" Connor asked.

"This," the guy dug in his leather jacket pocket- why the hell do these guys wear leather jackets in fucking California?- and took out a pack of Melbourne cigarettes.

Connor took the pack of cigarettes from his hands and stuck them in his pocket.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to my locker. I'm guessing tonight their going out to get high.

Once I reached my locker, I put in the combination and opened it. I grabbed my textbooks and violently kicked my locker close like I did everyday. I'm so sick of these cheap lockers.

I walked to my home room class and sat in my seat. Yet again, we did absolutely nothing in this class. Afterwards, I had math. When I got in the class, Connor was looking who came in the door, but when he realized it was me, he quickly looked back down at his desk.

I scowled. Is he really trying that hard to ignore me. Ha! Well it's not gonna be that easy because if he didn't notice, we have almost every class together.

Today in math, we took a quiz, and at the end of class when Mr. Walkers passed the quizzes back, I got a B plus. I was relieved that I was passing my classes, but I think I really want to make all A's. Right now I have all B's on my report card, but I need to work harder. But how am I gonna do that without Connor tutoring me.