22|hangovers

|Tori Anderson|

I sat up in my bed and I instantly wished I were still asleep. What the hell happened? I held my head as it pounded and ached like someone had banged my head against a brick wall. I felt horrible. Am I hungover? I can't even remember anything from last night.

"Ow! Stop hitting me!" I heard the loud voice of my siblings from the other room and my head ache instantly got even worse.

"No! You stop hitting me!"

"Shut up!" I yelled, but quickly regretted it as my head ache got worse from the yelling I just did.

I stepped out of my bed and held my head as I walked out of my room and into the hallway. I walked down the stairs and went in the kitchen. I looked in the bottom cabinet and grabbed the Advil, pouring two out of the bottle and grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

I popped the Advils in my mouth and ran it down with water. I hope these help my headache because I feel like my head is about to blow in a matter of seconds.

I walked back upstairs and sat uncomfortably on my bed. I knew it was gonna take a while before this damn headache wore off. I sighed and grabbed my phone from my bedside table, dialing Connors number and putting the phone to my ear. "Hello?" He answered after three rings.

"Connor, can you come over, please?" I asked.

"Is your mom home?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "No... Why?" I asked curiously.

"I'll explain when I get there." After that, Connor hung up and I shrugged my shoulders.

After a couple of minutes, Connor rung the doorbell. I didn't feel like going downstairs to get it. But then I realized it was already open, but then I didn't want to yell that it was open because it would worsen my headache.

I pulled out my phone and sent Connor a text message saying the door was open. A couple seconds later, Connor opened the door and made his way upstairs and into my room. "What was the point of the text message?" Connor asked, waving his phone in my face.

"I didn't feel like yelling it out to you because I have a really bad headache." I stated.

"Oh yeah...I forgot. You're hungover." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I got drunk last night?" I asked.

"Yeah remember...the party."

"Ohhhhh," I said, finally remembering something from last night.

"And that brings me to what I'm about to tell you." Connor sat on the edge of my bed before I gave him my full attention.

"When I dropped you off at home, your mom found out I took you to that party and she saw you when you were drunk and you passed out and she...she like forbid me to see you, if that makes any sense." He explained.

I wasn't surprised that my mom pulled something like this. I was eighteen and she still continued to run my life like I was some child.

I gave him a look of confusion. "Okay, but, you still have to tutor me." I mentioned.

"She said I don't have to tutor you anymore since you're passing now."

I shook my head. "Well it doesn't matter because most of our classes are together and we see each other all the time at school." I pointed out.

Connor nodded his head. "Yeah.... You're right."

"Oh my gosh! I just noticed it was Tuesday! We're late for school!" I said.

Connor shrugged. "Might as well not go. I mean, do you really wanna go to school with a hangover?" He said.

"Good point,"

I nodded my head as I watched Connor look around at all the posters in my room, and then at all the vinyl records I had laying in the corner of my floor. "I like old bands," I stated.

"Yeah I kind of noticed. Like you're always wearing old band t shirts and you have a bunch of posters and records of bands like Nirvana, The Beatles, Cold Play, Green Day, and Radio Head." He pointed out. I raised my eyebrows in impression. I didn't notice he payed attention to all that stuff about me.

I nodded. "Yeah.... They don't have music like that nowadays." I stated.

I sighed and awkwardly looked down at my hands. Connor and I were sitting there in silence, until all of a sudden, Connor swooped in a connected his lips with mine.

Okay, this is the second time he's kissed me and both times, I was not expecting it.

A few seconds after Connor kissed me, I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Now replaced by the awkward silence that Connor and I were in, is now kissing?

And what made it weirder was that the kissing seemed like it lasted forever, I mean, not that I wanted it to stop, but that's what it felt like.

Connor and I were engulfed in our kissing when all of a sudden, we heard the door swing open, oh wait, but we still didn't separate. It was probably just one of my siblings, and I didn't care if they saw Connor and I kissing. "Tori I forgot to— what on earth!!!!" I then pushed Connor away from me when I heard the sound of my moms voice. "I thought I told you to stay away from my daughter!" My mom said to Connor.

"Sorry I just— I just—"

Seeing Connor lost for words, I stepped in. "We weren't doing anything, we were just—"

"What I saw was you two making out." She implied, which was true...

"Okay, but we weren't—"

"Tori, stay away from him. I don't want you coming home drunk like last night."

"I'm not going to take her to any other parties like that." Connor assured.

"I cannot trust that," My mom stated, shaking her head.

"Oh come on, mom." I complained.

"I'm sorry, Tori you have to stay away from him."

"I don't have to do anything you say."

"And why do you think that?" She challenged, crossing her arms over her chest.

I got up from my bed and stepped closer to her. "I don't have to do anything you say because you're not my real mother." I muttered before storming out of the room.

::::::::::

|Connor Evans|

I was really caught of guard when Tori said what she said. I go up from Tori's bed and walked past her mom. I heard a loud slam and I'm guessing that it was the front door. I went down the stairs and opened the front door. I turned my head to the right and saw Tori sitting on the ground, her back against the garage door. "Tori," I called out.

"What?"

"Why did you say that?" I asked.

"Because it's true!" She yelled.

"Yeah, but now she probably feels all bad." Tori rolled her eyes and faced the front. I walked over to her and sat down next to her. "I can never have a break,"

"What do you—"

She cut me off and continued to speak. "For my entire life, nothing but crap has been happening."

"Don't say that,"

"But it's true, Connor. When I was just a couple months old, both of my parents died. I live in this foster home, like it's not even a home. It's foster home. I've had this stupid dyslexia for as long as I can remember. I've been failing school for as long as I can remember because I can't even read without all the letters mixing up. My sister has cancer, your friends made those papers and put them all over the school wall and I was literally embarrassed by the whole school. And just...I—"

"Stop,"

Tori sighed and all of a sudden put her head on my shoulder. Tori and I sat like this for what felt like forever, but I didn't seem to care.

_