26| announcement

|Tori Anderson|

I shot up in my bed as the sound of my alarm clock pierced through my ears. I pounded my fist on the clock and let out a sigh of relief as the sound stopped.

I swung my legs out of my bed and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a fuzzy, pink towel around myself, blow dried my hair, brushed it, and put it up in a messy bun, not really caring how my hair looked today.

I walked back to my room and changed into a neon pink sheer tank top, white ripped jeans, and black combat boots.

I grabbed my back pack from the floor and ran downstairs. I didn't see my mom, so I guess she already left for work. We're not exactly still on talking terms yet anyway, so that saved me the awkwardness. I went out the front door and got into my car.

I drove to school and parked in a parking space. I got out and walked into the school. There were a million people in the hallway, but the first person I saw was Connor. I mentally grimaced at him. I can't believe he told me that I meant nothing to him.

But then again, why do I care? Pft...I don't care, I mean I did, because when he said that to me, I literally felt like he was stabbing me multiple times in the heart, but now I realize that I shouldn't care. If I mean nothing to him, that's completely fine. I'm just some girl he got stuck tutoring; nothing more, nothing less...

How about I just stop thinking about it...

I went to my locker and got my books out, after a few failed attempts at closing my locker, I harshly kicked it close. These cheap school lockers need major repair because I'm sick of having to kick my locker close everyday.

I walked to home room, which like everyday, rolled by quickly. But when it was time for math, I completely ignored Connor, just like he wanted me to. He said he wanted things to go back to the way they were before he started tutoring me, so that's how it's gonna work.

Pft, I'm passing all my classes now, so I don't need him anymore anyway. He can continue to smoke, drink, party, and get arrested. It's fine by me for now on!

Ugh, I thought I told myself I was gonna stop thinking about this situation, I told myself. Why am I talking to myself?

The bell pulled me away from my thoughts and I instantly shot up from my seat and stormed out of the class. I began walking to the cafeteria for lunch. Today we were having pizza. I met Hailey at the lunch line and we both got out lunches and sat down at our usual table.

Hailey and I talked about random things, but when we reached a point of silence, I slowly turned around to steal one glance at Connor. My mouth gaped open when I saw him making out with some girl in our grade. I turned back around and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to wash that image away from my brain.

I can't believe he made this little "I want things to go back to the way they were" agreement just yesterday, and he's already sucking face with a girl.

"What's wrong, Tori. Is everything okay?" Hailey asked.

I slowly opened my eyes. "Just peachy." I sarcastically said.

"Okay, everyone may I have your attention!" I heard a squeaky voice yelled in the microphone. Everyone turned there heads to the stage in the cafeteria to see Samantha Collins on the stage with the microphone in her hand.

Samantha Collins was the schools rich popular girl, but before you go thinking she's some evil bitch who is conceited because of her money, then don't, because Samantha is actually really nice and smart.

Samantha has naturally wavy brown hair, grey eyes, and tan skin. Today she was wearing a designer dress that had a floral pattern on it. "Okay, so I have an important announcement." Samantha said into the microphone. "Okay so as you all know, the Fall Formal Dance is next Friday. I am president of the dance committee and I just wanted to announce that his Fall Formal Dance is going to be amazing. So I would like to ask if everyone would dress I there best formal attire for the Fall Formal Dance. Oh yeah, and the votes for the Fall Formal Dance King and Queen are open today. So put in your votes and...that's it. Okay."

I turned my attention back to my food when Samantha was done talking. "We gotta go shopping for dresses tomorrow." Hailey told me.

I gave her a weird look. "I'm not going to that stupid dance." I said, taking a bite out of my pizza.

Hailey stared at me for a while before slapping the pizza out of my hands. I watched as the pizza hit my tray and I looked back up at Hailey. "What the-"

"You are going to that dance, Tori."

"No I'm not." I argued.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because...I just don't."

"You're going." Hailey said.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I said giving in, because I frankly didn't feel like arguing back and forth.

I grabbed my bag and left the cafeteria, continuing the rest of my day as usual.

::::::::::

"So what color are you looking for?" Hailey asked me as we walked up and down the mall, searching for a Fall Formal dress.

"Black." I said, with no kind of expression in my voice.

Hailey slowly turned towards me and stared at me. "Black? It's a Fall Formal Dance, not a funeral."

I shrugged my shoulders and Hailey gave me an annoyed looked. "What?" I asked.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked.

"Just because I want a black dress means something's wrong with me?" I asked.

Hailey stared at me for a while before speaking. "Are you PMS-ing?"

My mouth gaped open. "No." I said. "I'm just not feeling this dance." I informed, sitting down in a chair. "There's gonna be bad music, cheap decorations, disgusting food, and neither of us have dates." I pointed out.

"So what. We can go together as best friends."

I sighed and got up from the chair. "Okay." I said walking over to a short length black dress and picking it up. "But I'm still getting this black dress." I gave Tori am innocent smile before walking over to the check out.

Hailey rolled her eyes before following me to the check out.

_

I know this chapter was kind of boring but keep reading. Please vote and comment. Love you all.