30|jealousy

|Connor Evans|

I sat on my living room couch, staring at the black TV. I would've turned it on, but I didn't feel like reaching to grab the remote.

But I didn't even care about the TV because all freaking day I've been thinking about Tori and what she said last night. I was the one who wanted things to change and now Tori's the one who wants things to change. How could I have been so stupid? I thought what I was doing was to help me, but it's just tearing me down and bringing Tori up. That's not what was supposed to happen! She's doing just fine without me. How the hell did this happen?

And Rigly. Rigly? She went to the dance with Rigly Walter. How the hell did she manage to get a date with him while I won Fall Formal King (which I didn't even want to win) with Sarah?

All of it just doesn't make any s-

My train of thoughts got cut of when a pile of dirty clothes hit me in the face. When the clothes fell, I saw Leigh standing in the living room. "Do the laundry." She demanded, walking away.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I called out. I am so sick of her. I can't deal with it anymore.

She turned around and scowled at me. "Do the laundry." She repeated.

"You didn't have to throw the clothes in my face."

"Connor, shut up. You're acting like a child." She said.

I glared at her and she walked off, but I wasn't taking it this time. I got off the couch and grabbed her by the wrist. "What the hell! Let go of me!"

"Will you let this go! It happened two years ago!" I yelled.

Leigh glared at me. "Gianna was my best friend, Connor! She was my little sister!"

"Okay, but you act like it's all my fault!"

"That's because it is all your fault!"

"A drunk driver hit us. How is that my fault!"

"You were the one who came up with the bright idea to leave the house!" She yelled.

"So you're saying that you wouldn't have the same idea?! You're saying you would've done the same thing?! You're saying that you would've let dad continue to abuse us and you would've let him keep telling us that we were shit excuses for children?!" Leigh then went silent. A few seconds later, her eyes began to water. "That's what I thought." I said, throwing her wrist out of my grip.

Leigh buried her face in her hands and paced around the living room. She wiped the tears from her face and looked at me. She sniffled. "Get in my car." She said, wiping another falling tear.

"No."

"Get in the car, Connor!" She yelled.

I glared at Leigh before going out of the front door. Leigh followed me and she got in the drivers side of her car. I got in the passenger seat. She started up the car and backed out of the driveway.

I didn't even know where the hell we were going, but we were driving for like twenty minutes. When we got to the destination, Leigh parked in a parking space and I instantly knew where we were.

We were at the grave yard Gianna was buried in. I had know idea why we were here.

We got out of the car and went inside the grave yard. We walked all the way to Gianna's and when we got there, Leigh kneeled in front of her grave. I stood beside her. "What are you-"

"I'm apologizing...to Gianna."

She needs to be apologizing to me...

Leigh sighed and began talking. "Gi...I came here to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you had to die at such a young age. I'm sorry that you never learned how to drive. You never got to have your first kiss. You never got to go to middle school. You never got the chance to do a lot of stuff. I'm sorry that you were stuck with a horrible family...a mean, stuck-up, controlling sister, a bad, lazy, no-good brother," I rolled my eyes at that.