7|today's hug-a-smart-ass-day

|Tori Anderson|

"I mean, can you believe Josh had the nerve to ask me out again? Like what a conceited jerk." I listened to Hailey complain about her ex boyfriend as we walked to lunch. I laughed at my best friend. Sometimes Hailey can be the most dramatic person ever, but that's what I love about her. "So what's going on in your love life?" She suddenly asked me.

"I don't have a love life, Hailey." I stated, pursing my lips afterwards.

"Which is exactly why I need to set you up with someone." Hailey then scanned her eyes around the hallway. "Oh, how about Rigly. He's smart and cute. He's perfect for you." She said.

"Okay first of all, why would I wanna date someone named Rigly. Second of all, no. I don't like him. And stop trying to set me up with people. I hate everyone in this school so I wouldn't wanna go out with anyone in this school." I explained.

Hailey rolled her eyes. "You're no fun," Once we reached the cafeteria, we got in the lunch line. Today we were having nachos. And the school lunch isn't really that bad, it's actually pretty good. Hailey and I grabbed our lunch trays and a cartoon of chocolate milk before putting in our lunch numbers and heading towards our usual seats. "Oh no," Hailey said in a worried tone.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Josh. Hide me." Hailey grabbed me by my forearms and hid herself behind my body.

I rolled my eyes. "Hailey stop. You're being ridiculous." Hailey pushed me while she still continued to hide behind me. "Hailey! Stop! You're pushing me. I'm going to run into somebody if you don't—"

Oh, no.

My mouth gapped open in shock as I looked at the person in front of me with nachos smothered all over his white shirt and his leather jacket. Yeah, that's right, I ran into Connor Evans. He looked like he was about to pound my face in, but there's no way he's gonna hit a girl, right. Right? "Are you kidding me?" He said, his voice surprisingly low and calm-like.

"I am so sorry." I said, grabbing some napkins from a nearby table and wiping Connors shirt with it, not that it would help, but still worth a shot

He took the napkins out of my hand and put them down on the table where I got them from. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before speaking. "Watch were you're going." He muttered through gritted teeth. He then walked off, bumping shoulders with me in the process.

My stomach started to churn nervously and I turned around and watched him walk out of the cafeteria. "Whoa..." Hailey said. "Awkward..." Yeah, awkward is right. I can't imagine how awkward it's gonna be when he comes over this afternoon to tutor me. It was already awkward enough on a regular basis, think of how awkward it'll be when I just literally dumped the school nachos on him.

"Argh!" I groaned in frustration and rolled my eyes as Hailey and I sat at our normal table. Not only do I have no lunch, I have to deal with Connor this afternoon. Somebody kill me.

::::::::::

When the doorbell to my house rung, I sighed and opened the door. Connor, who changed into a dark green sweatshirt was standing at my door. He certainly looked like he didn't wanna be here. Without a "hi" or anything, he came straight into the house, sat on the couch and opened a textbook. I slowly walked over to him and started talking. "Listen," I sat beside him on the couch. I noticed that I accidentally sat a little too close to him, so he scooted away from me. Well that hurt a little bit, but oh well. I probably would've done the same thing. "I'm sorry about the whole lunch thing. My friend, Hailey was trying to hide from someone and she was-"