33| the words

UNEDITED

|Connor Evans|

I got out of my car and walked towards the entrance of the school. I opened the doors and walked down to my locker. I grabbed my books and I closed the locker door. I turned around to walk to class, but I jumped at the people who were standing behind me. "What the hell?"

Sarah, Mark, Jake, Zach, and Ryan were all standing behind me. "Connor. Can we-"

"Don't want to hear it." I said, trying to walk away, but they moved to block my way.

"Just listen to us... We—" The bell rang, interrupting Zack's words.

I pointed to the bell above the lockers. "Hear that? I gotta get to class." I walked over, but they all blocked my way yet again. I sighed. "What do you all want?" I asked with annoyance clear in my tone.

"Listen, Connor." Sarah said. "We wanted to say we're sorry." I gave them my full attention. This should be good. "Especially me. I know these past months, I've been acting like an asshole. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for calling Tori mean names, and I'm sorry for judging her, and I'm sorry for pissing you off."

"And we're sorry for trying to control you." Mark added in. "You can be with whoever you want. We just got carried away. Connor, you've been our best friend for as long as I can remember. And when you started tutoring Tori, we thought she was changing you and pulling you away from us. And it's senior year. This is probably the last time we have with each other, and we wanted you all for ourselves."

"But we were wrong," Zach added. "And you were right for punching me in the face that night. I deserved it." We all let out a laugh, then I continued to listen. "But what we're trying to say is, we're all sorry for being bitches."

I looked at all of them for a few seconds. I nodded and sighed. "It's all good,"

"Really?" Sarah asked with a small smile.

I nodded. "So are we still friends now?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah," I agreed with a nod.

"Awesome," Everyone cheered, patted me on the back.

This would've been a nice friendship moment if we weren't interrupted by a teacher. "You kids! Get to class!" A teacher yelled from the top of her lungs. We all instantly ran to class, not risking her giving us all detention.

::::::::::

The school bell rang everyone stormed out of the classroom. I grabbed my books and walked out of the classroom. I made my way to the cafeteria. When I was in the cafeteria, I didn't even bother seeing what was for lunch. I just sat at my usual table.

We all talked about random stuff during lunch, and when it was over, I saw Rigly walking out of the cafeteria. I ran over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. he turned towards me. "Oh hey, Connor."

"Hey, you happen to know where Tori is. She wasn't in math class." I told him.

Rigly shrugged. "I don't know. I tried texting her, but she wouldn't answer." Rigly sighed before speaking again. "You know she broke up with me?"

I snickered, but quickly covered it up. "Why?" I asked him curiously.

He shrugged. "She just said it wasn't working out. But, we agreed to stay friends."

"Oh, okay." I shrugged and walked off to my next class, which was Geography.

All we did in Geography was take a test, which I aced, of course, and finished up some homework. When the final bell rang, I was relieved to finally get out.

When I exited the school, I pated my pants to search for my wallet. "Shit, where's my wallet?" I mumbled. I kept patting on my pockets and groaned when I had no sign of a wallet. I must have dropped it.

I went around back of the school to see if I had dropped it anywhere and luckily, I found it on the ground. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I lifted my head, and furrowed my eyebrows when I saw Tori with her back against the wall. Her arms were crossed and she looked straight forward. I slowly walked over to her and furrowed my eyebrows. "Tori?" I called out. She turned towards me as turned back around. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Sitting," She answered quietly.

"Why are you sitting alone at the back of the school?" There were no tears coming from her eyes, but I already knew there was something wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

She was silent for a while before turning to me. "She died," she simply stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"She died," She repeated.

I shook my head and looked Tori in the eyes. "I'm sorry," A small tear drop fell from her eye and she wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back and reseted my chin on her head. "It's gonna be okay,"

Tori let go of me and a small smile grew on her face. "Thanks," Tori wiped her face. She leaned her head over and rested her head on my shoulder, which made my breathing unready for a minute, realizing how much I loved being close to her.

"Tori," I said.

"Yes?"

"I know this probably isn't the right time for this, but...why did you break up with Rigly?"

"Uh, it just wasn't working out." She said, her head still on my shoulder.

"Oh.... I really need to tell you something." I blurted out.

She slowly lifted her head and looked at me. "What is it?"

"Tori...I'm in love with you." I said, looking right in her eyes. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Tori stared at me for a while before she sniffed and shook her head. "Connor, you're not in love with me. My— my life is a mess. I'm not like the other girls that you're used to. There's no way in a million years that you could be in love with a girl like me."

I shook my head. "No, Tori, I'm in love with you. You knew what was best for me, and you changed me. You're different from the other girls, which is a good thing. You're beautiful, you're smart, you're—"

"I'm not smart!" She yelled, tears running down her face. "I'm dyslexic. I can never be smart!"

"You are smart." I corrected her. "Tori, I never want to be the person that I used to be. I don't want to be that guy anymore. I want to be with you, and only you. I don't care how fucked up your life is, because my life is fucked up too. Tori, I'm in love with you."

Tori wiped her eyes and looked at the ground. "I really need to tell you something too." I looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "I'm in love with you too."
_

Whoo! That's out of the way! And I'm sorry to say that the next chapter is the last chapter. I had a really good experience writing this story, and I want to thank all of you for reading and voting. Love you!