29|dance

UNEDITED

|Tori Anderson|

I heard the doorbell of my door and I ran downstairs and answered to door. Rigly stood there with a grin on his face. He was wearing a black suit with a white dress shirt and a black bow tie. "Hey..." Rigly laughed. "This is a Fall Formal Dance, not a funeral."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. I was wearing the thigh length black dress with black high heels. My hair was in a side braid with a few strands of hair hanging out. The only color I had was the pink lipstick I was wearing.

"You still look really pretty though." Rigly informed me.

I smiled. "Thanks."

"So shall we get going?" He asked. I nodded my head and we went outside to his car. I closed the front door behind me and walked to the car. Rigly opened the door for me and I got in. He closed it and ran to the drivers side.

He smiled at me before starting up the car and backing out of my driveway.

When we got to school, the parking lot was full of cars. We parked in a space and got out. We walked to the school and entered the building. The dance was located in the gym. I could already hear the loud music blasting.

We entered the gym and everybody was either dancing or eating. But when Rigly and I entered, most heads turned our way.

"Rigly is here with her?"

"That dyslexic girl is here with Rigly Walter?"

Yeah a bunch of people were shocked at the fact that I was here with Rigly, but hey, he asked me to the dance.

I rolled my eyes at the song that was playing.

bad music [check]

The song that was playing was Tic Tok my Ke$ha. When was that song made? 2010? Could they at least find some modern songs to play?

I looked around the gym and there were plastic fall leaves scattered on the ground and plastic tress to give the gym a fall look since it was a Fall Formal Dance. But the decorations looked like shit so...

• cheap decorations [check]

"Tori!" I heard someone call my name and I already knew it was Hailey.

I turned around to see Hailey walking over to us. She was wearing the red long dress that she picked out and some white high heels. While she was walking over to us, she stumbled because of the high heels, but she quickly played it off and pretended like it never happened. "Hey, Hailey." I said, trying not to laugh at her stumble.

"Hey Tori, Rigly." Hailey looked at me. "Hm...you look pretty in your funeral dress." She smirked and I glared at her.

I opened my mouth to speak but I was interiors by the next song. The next song that came on was Slow Motion by Trey Songz. Hailey smirked at me. "You too should dance."

"Oh, I don't think we should-" before I could finish my sentence, Hailey grabbed Rigly and I by the wrists and pulled us to the middle of the gym where everyone was dancing.

"Now dance," Hailey whispered through gritted teeth. She walked away and I looked up at Rigly.

Without hesitation, Rigly grabbed me by the waist. I felt really awkward, but I didn't want him to notice so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pretended that my stomach didn't feel like it was turning out of control.

Rigly and I were just rocking to the music, and half of me felt uncomfortable, but the other half was comfortable. I felt a tiny smile grow on my lips, but I quickly wiped it away.