6|cuts and bruises

|Connor Evans|

"This is all your fault, Connor! You ruin everything you touch!" Tears started to slowly come from my eyes and my heart pounded nervously.

I shook my head ignoring my big sisters words. "Don't just stand there, Connor! Call an ambulance!"

"Connor!" Someone calling my name woke me up from my flashback nightmare. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the digital clock beside my bed and saw that the time was 8:16. "You're late for school, Connor!" My mom yelled, yanking the covers off of my bed.

"Alright, alright." I slowly got out of bed and slowly walked to the bathroom.

"Faster!!" My mom yelled.

"Okay geez!" I walked inside the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took a shower. Afterwards, I went back in my room and changed into a white shirt, black jeans, and my usual black leather jacket.

I grabbed my book bag and made my way downstairs. Not having time for breakfast, I went straight to my car and started driving to school. When I got to school, I headed straight for my locker and got the books out that I needed. I obviously missed home room, so my next class was history. I walked down the hallway and entered Ms. Wills history class. "Connor, you're late." She informed me.

"I'm aware. Thanks." I spat out before sitting in my seat. I frowned as my eyes landed on the auburn-brown haired girl sitting in the front of the class. She's in this class too? I thought. I mentally shrugged and buried my head in my arms. I already have an A in this class, what would one class of sleep hurt?

The day flew by pretty quickly, but when it was time to go to Tori's house, I quickly dreaded the entire day. I rung on the doorbell of the house and Tori quickly answered the door. "Hi." She said.

"Uh, hi." I stepped inside the house and sat on the couch and she followed suite. Something in my mind brought me back to the last time I was here and those kids showed me the picture of Tori in the footie pajamas. She looked ridiculous, I thought.

"Ugh, are you talking about the footies thing?" She asked.

I frowned and turned towards her. "I said that out loud?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

"Oh well yeah. I was talking about the footies thing." I bluntly told her and she rolled her eyes. Seconds later, we began working on a couple pages. It seems like she's getting a little better at reading the stuff. But tutoring her is still hard as hell. I already don't wanna tutor her in the first place, can you imagine how much harder it is because she's dyslexic?

"Why do you have so many cuts and bruises on your left arm?" She blurted out. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at my left arm, which caused bad memories to flash through my mind.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I snapped. I looked at Tori who was still staring at the cuts and bruises on my arm. "Would you stop!"

"Sorry." She looked away from my arm and I sighed in frustration.

"Just finish this page." I said. The time after that went by quickly and I left shortly after. I've realized that this Tori girl was not only gonna be a peace of work, but really annoying too. It's like one moment she's all quiet and stuttering, and then the next moment, she's asking me all these personal questions. I have to deal with this for now on. Could I ask for anything worse?

I got in my car and drove home. When I got home, I was surprised to see my mom and my big sister in the living room watching some game show. My eyes landed on my sister and she scowled at me. "I'm going upstairs mom." My sister then stormed upstairs and I rolled my eyes. She's been keeping this attitude up for two years already. When's she gonna let it go? The incident happened two years ago. My mom let it go, when is she?

My big sister, Leigh is nineteen years old. She has blonde hair, brown eyes and tan skin. We used to get along pretty well until what happened. After that, she completely shut me out. "Hey Connor. How was the tutoring?" My mom asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It was okay." I said, going up the stairs and walking straight to my room, like I did every single day. Nothing's changed. Nothing.

_

Okay, I really need to work on writing longer chapters I'm really bad at writing long chapters but I'll work on it. So yeah, please vote and comment and keep reading the story will gradually get better and better. Thanks guys! Love ya!